Koodo Community
Solved

Transferring number from publicmobile

According to koodo self-serve the number has been transferred to koodo. However when I call that number it says it's not in service.

What steps can I take with publicmobile or koodo (both Telus anyway) to get this resolved?

I also read this: 

icon

Best answer by Sophia 18 April 2021, 18:32

No, usually porting is near instant. Do you use the same email here as in self serve? I could flag your question for a rep but you could also give it another two hours or so (restart your phone a few times in the meantime) to see if it triggers the finalization of the port.

Edit; oh wait a minute, you DID port Public Mobile while the account was still active, right? You can’t port an inactive line (but then again, you should have gotten an error and the number wouldn’t show up in self serve)

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does the correct number show in self serve? Then probably a reboot of your phone might be all that is needed to trigger the change… 

I actually didn't mean to hit "mark as answer" I didn't know that the tick did that 

Yes, correct number is showing in koodo, and since that happened I cannot log into my public mobile self-serve 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That sounds good so far. When did you port your number? And have you tried restarting your phone?

Ported it this morning (about an hour ago), as koodo self-serve was down yesterday for maintainence. Could be an issue as the billing cycle for public ended on the 17th, I'm not sure if that would prevent the porting?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, usually porting is near instant. Do you use the same email here as in self serve? I could flag your question for a rep but you could also give it another two hours or so (restart your phone a few times in the meantime) to see if it triggers the finalization of the port.

Edit; oh wait a minute, you DID port Public Mobile while the account was still active, right? You can’t port an inactive line (but then again, you should have gotten an error and the number wouldn’t show up in self serve)

Yes email here is same as the koodo service account, thanks! I'll try restarting a few times too (already did it 3 times)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

One other question: when you call out, what number does it show on the caller display of the other party’s phone?

It shows the koodo SIM number (236-) when calling out to another phone. 

As I said previously though,in koodo portal it shows the ported number 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have flagged your question for a rep, hopefully they will be able to give advice, or trigger the final port. Hang tight :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hello @erol! We’ve checked your account and the transfer appears to be successfully completed. Please contact our port administration center at 1-844-232-7678 and so that they could look into this.

Hello,

Were you able to figure the issue out?

I'm having the same issue now. Ported my number about 4 hours ago (coming from Rogers). Self Serve says transfer is complete but when I call my number it's out of service and the sim card in the phone shows the Koodo sim number. When I make a call out, it using the Koodo sim number.

Please help, this is a number that I use for a work and it's now in limbo? 😔

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello,

Were you able to figure the issue out?

I'm having the same issue now. Ported my number about 4 hours ago (coming from Rogers). Self Serve says transfer is complete but when I call my number it's out of service and the sim card in the phone shows the Koodo sim number. When I make a call out, it using the Koodo sim number.

Please help, this is a number that I use for a work and it's now in limbo? 😔

Did you receive the text message from Rogers on your Rogers line and then reply "yes" to complete the port?

Yes I did. Within 15 min of initiating the port. Kofi self serve is showing my ported number on my profile for at least an hour now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you reboot your phone after the port? If that doesn't work, you'll need to call 1-844-232-7678 tomorrow to finalize the port.

Did you reboot your phone after the port? If that doesn't work, you'll need to call 1-844-232-7678 tomorrow to finalize the port.

Hi, yes, I rebooted a few times. Finalize it how? What could be the issue?

Do you know what time does the department open?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm not sure, but 9am is probably a good bet. I don't know what the issue is, but sometimes these things can get stuck. What happens when you call your old number? (Edit: I see you already posted what happens. Sorry)