Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Transfer number problem

Question: I've already had a phone with koodo monthly service. Then I use a koodo tab to buy a new phone, which is Nexus 5. I'd like to transfer my original number to the new one, but it fails. How can I solve that? I really don't want to change my number. Thanks!

14 replies

Userlevel 7
You can just pop in your current sim if it's a micro sim or if your sim is not the right size, you can get one for 10. Then sign into self serve> mobile phone>upgrade mobile phone> enter the sim # and done! you will also keep the same number 🙂
Daniel Kim wrote:

You can just pop in your current sim if it's a micro sim or if your sim is not the right size, yo...

Thanks, I inserted an image below.
Thanks for the reply. But when I use tab to buy a new phone, it always accompanies a new micro sim, which is inevitable I guess. Then the new mirco sim carries my tab plan, and my original number carries another. So it's not simply number transfer. I also need to swap the plans. That's what I got during the online shopping.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Walden Han wrote:

Thanks for the reply. But when I use tab to buy a new phone, it always accompanies a new micro si...

Did you login to your self serve to do online shopping?
Walden Han wrote:

Thanks for the reply. But when I use tab to buy a new phone, it always accompanies a new micro si...

yep, I did, double-checked. But it still required me to type in my name and number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you choosing a plan when you say you want to buy the phone?
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Yes. I am using a monthly plan now and chose a new plan for the new phone. Should I shut down my old plan?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

That's your problem. If you add a plan to the cart the system thinks you want to add a new line. Just add the phone and skip directly to checkout.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

En...I've tried that. If I don't add a plan, I am not allowed to use the tab. The phone will be fully charged at the last step of shopping. I attach an image below.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Is your current tab balance positive or negative? Do you currently receive the no tab discount?
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Receiving no tab discount.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

That's probably why the system won't let you use the negative tab on your line.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Since the Easter is over, I'd like to go to the store to find the answer. Thanks so much!