Koodo Community

Total frustration.

• 12 April 2021
  • 9 replies

I can’t use Self Serve. Tells me waiting on approval from another user. Huh?

I’m on automatic payments, but my payments aren’t being deducted from my credit card account. What is going on?

Today I got a message from 611 saying that I’ll soon to be without service.  Of course responding to the text leads absolutely no where. And, there are no phone numbers to call. No email address to send to. God, this company seems to HATE people. Someone tell me how to reach a real person to talk to. Ironic, isn’t it. A phone company that you can’t call.

9 replies

I was forced to move to Koodo when they bought the PC Mobile accounts. However, Koodo offers no way of talking to REAL people to solve REAL problems. This company seems to want to go down the drain.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

First thing is you can pay over the phone via credit card.

Call 611 and use the automated prompts to take care of that first. 

2nd,have you successfully logged Into self serve before? 

Yes, Dennis, when my account was owned by PC Mobile. Since Koodo bought them out, I can’t login.

Thanks for your help, but…………..

P.S. Koodo is very smart. They kicked all their paid staff to the curb and rely on unpaid volunteers, like our friend Dennis to try to pick up the slack. It’s a wonderful business model for Koodo, but NOT for the customers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, Dennis, when my account was owned by PC Mobile. Since Koodo bought them out, I can’t login.

Thanks for your help, but…………..

P.S. Koodo is very smart. They kicked all their paid staff to the curb and rely on unpaid volunteers, like our friend Dennis to try to pick up the slack. It’s a wonderful business model for Koodo, but NOT for the customers. 

Should I feel insulted here? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you insult nice people like Dennis, why should we still try to help you?

Anyway, here is some information for you https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/problems-logging

Good luck both in getting your account sorted and learning some manners towards people that genuinely tried to help you.

Here we have Koodo customers fighting among ourselves while Koodo collects the money and hires no staff. I did not insult Dennis. I insulted Koodo for relying on unpaid volunteers to do what Koodo staff should be doing.

Why did I come here, you may well ask? Because I cannot reach Koodo staff by email, by text, or by phone. Yes, shockingly….I can’t reach a phone company by phone.

I’ll quote what I said earlier...”Koodo is very smart. They kicked all their paid staff to the curb and rely on unpaid volunteers, like our friend Dennis to try to pick up the slack. It’s a wonderful business model for Koodo, but NOT for the customers. “ When I pay for a service (phone or otherwise) I expect that company to provide answers to problems. Although it is very nice of other customers to decide to volunteer their time and talent, it is no substitute for the company pulling its own weight. Dennis was not insulted. Koodo was insulted.

If you cannot understand that, maybe I’m not the only one with a problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I know you feel frustrated. I feel your pain. Perhaps a premium provider like Telus suits your needs better - they still have that personal touch.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out to us. We are here to help :) Will you please send us a private message from your social media account (Facebook or Twitter)  with a contact number where we can reach you? Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Why did I come here, you may well ask? Because I cannot reach Koodo staff by email, by text, or by phone. Yes, shockingly….I can’t reach a phone company by phone.

So...not because you'd like the problem fixed then.

Too bad. Otherwise we could have advised you that this can be fixed by going to koodo.com/chat, saying you can't access self serve, saying yes when it asks if this is your first time signing in, and following the prompts to reset your login profile so you can access your account. Or that, failing that, you can setup a callback through the same chat bot, or contain Koodo via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM.

But your not interested in our help, so I guess we won't tell you that.