Koodo Community
Solved

Temporarily Swap Koodo Sim to other phone?

• 3 October 2018
  • 5 replies

Hello,

My iPhone 5S died recently, and I live in a small town with no Koodo store. I placed an upgrade order online, then I tried to switch my SIM card into another phone so I am not completely without a phone for the week it takes for the new phone to come. The only thing I have for this is a Galaxy A5. The Galaxy is unlocked, but when I put in the SIM, it tells me the SIM itself is locked, and asks me to input a pin. The Koodo advice bot is not able to grasp this and offers to set me up with a callback - to the phone I can't use, of course.

Any advice?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Goran 3 October 2018, 01:27

You'll actually need to contact Koodo then for the puk code. You can use any other beer you want to request a cal back. If you don't hsv one you can download a voip app like Fongo to get a free Canadian number and use that.
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Also, the phones take the same size SIM card.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You'll actually need to contact Koodo then for the puk code. You can use any other beer you want to request a cal back. If you don't hsv one you can download a voip app like Fongo to get a free Canadian number and use that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Might you have set a PIN on the SIM yourself to protect it from being misused? If not, I suggest a private message toKoodo's Facebook account or a DM to their Twitter account as being the simplest way to address this.

Frustrating. I'm sure. I have used the same SIM across many phones without being asked a PIN.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Much as I like beer, I believe Goran means you can enter any number of your choosing into the Bot when requesting a callback. It does not have to be the number with the problem.
Any other beer I want sounds great, haha.

I could use a friend's phone but so far I haven't been able to get the automated robot to switch to that number, it just decides it will call the one attached to my account.

I don't believe I have a PIN on the SIM. The galaxy is unlocked but has previously had a sim with a different carrier. The FB message might work, thank you!