Koodo Community

Switch to my old phone number FAILED

My old phone number was with Telus mobility but I cancelled telus mobility account on Dec 8, 2019. 

I  signed up with Koodo on March 20, 2020.  Tried to change my Koodo number but kept getting message “Oops, something went wrong, please try again”

This was what I did:

Self service, manage your phone number, phone number I want to change into, don’t know account number, account PIN (yes, entered), phone IMEI number (yes, entered), submit …got this message “Oops, something went wrong, please try again”

Please help

37 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you cancelled your Telus number, then you can't port in the number now.

You need active account to transfer number…

And AFAIK, they will keep your number in the pool for 3 months just in case you come back. But they will release the never after that and anyone could pick the number.

I just setup mine and my husbands account with Koodo last night, Apr 26th/21. The number I entered for our phone numbers was the number the koodo rep gave me, he said it would identify my card from my husbands! We were suppose to keep our previous number that we had with our old provider, [ not Koodo]! How do I now change these numbers to our old ones? We will not be using the sim cards provided from Koodo until  we can get this resolved as we have a business and rely on these phone number for this! Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I just setup mine and my husbands account with Koodo last night, Apr 26th/21. The number I entered for our phone numbers was the number the koodo rep gave me, he said it would identify my card from my husbands! We were suppose to keep our previous number that we had with our old provider, [ not Koodo]! How do I now change these numbers to our old ones? We will not be using the sim cards provided from Koodo until  we can get this resolved as we have a business and rely on these phone number for this! Thank you!

You can find instructions on how to port your number over at: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo?search_api_views_article_search_fulltext=port

Hi,  that link you sent me by email is to a page that doesn’t stay open for more then a second! I cannot access anything on it! Do you have another way to help me or to let me access that page so that I can change mine and my husbands phone numbers!! Tks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi,  that link you sent me by email is to a page that doesn’t stay open for more then a second! I cannot access anything on it! Do you have another way to help me or to let me access that page so that I can change mine and my husbands phone numbers!! Tks!

Here is the info that is displayed on that page:

Badge +4

Try this link: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo

Ok! We have our own phones, the number I entered during setup was a number the Koodos rep gave me, for ID purposes! It isn’t the numbers that we had with our previous provider, which is the numbers I want to keep! Re our business! I want to replace the numbers that was entered during setup with our own numbers! So far, I am not happy with Koodo! When we agreed to try Koodo, the rep gave me phone numbers to identify our cards! These numbers were entered into the initial setup when I registered!! Now it’s saying that I cannot change my numbers entered during registration until 14 days are up! They are not the right numbers for our phones! I need to change those numbers to my previous numbers! Can you help? I so wish you had a rep that I could speak with!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok! We have our own phones, the number I entered during setup was a number the Koodos rep gave me, for ID purposes! It isn’t the numbers that we had with our previous provider, which is the numbers I want to keep! Re our business! I want to replace the numbers that was entered during setup with our own numbers! So far, I am not happy with Koodo! When we agreed to try Koodo, the rep gave me phone numbers to identify our cards! These numbers were entered into the initial setup when I registered!! Now it’s saying that I cannot change my numbers entered during registration until 14 days are up! They are not the right numbers for our phones! I need to change those numbers to my previous numbers! Can you help? I so wish you had a rep that I could speak with!! 

We understand what it is you want to do, but there is no time restriction on porting on numbers. What steps you taking when you try to do it?

i tried this link, https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo it takes me to a page that is only open for a couple of seconds! 

I have also gone to the Koodo’s site from the emails that I have received, tried to go to self serve, it takes me to another page, looks like a selling page, phones to buy, then I try to chat and it’s back to that page again, just around and around!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

i tried this link, https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo it takes me to a page that is only open for a couple of seconds! 

I have also gone to the Koodo’s site from the emails that I have received, tried to go to self serve, it takes me to another page, looks like a selling page, phones to buy, then I try to chat and it’s back to that page again, just around and around!! 

It might have saved time had you said you couldn't access self serve.

Can you get to the login page?

If so, what happens when you try to sign in?

Oh sorry! Yes i can get to that page!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oh sorry! Yes i can get to that page!

And what EXACTLY does it say when you try to sign in?

It takes me to the Overview, where I can view my bill, balance, rate, etc...!

Then I clicked on view rate plan, then manage your phone number, clicked transfer your phone number, the next screen was only open for a couple of seconds! I think it asked me to enter my Koodo’s number but not sure! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It takes me to the Overview, where I can view my bill, balance etc...!

From there, tap the menu icon at the top right of the page, then select mobile services.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Then scroll to the bottom of the page and select manage your phone number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Then select transfer your phone number.

It take me to both our names and the {wrong} phone numbers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As @Mayumi has mentioned, it is difficult to get back your old numbers, since you have already cancelled your account with Telus. That said, you can contact a Koodo rep to see if you may be able to get your old numbers back. This will require a service charge. Should you choose to proceed, you can schedule a callback through Koodo Assist or send a message to a Koodo rep on Facebook Messenger or Twitter.

In the unlikely event that you find your number on the Self-Serve portal, you can try to change your number. You can follow the instructions at the link here. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/changing-your-phone-number

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

On the next page, enter the number you wish to transfer from the old provider. (The number that will be replaced is shown at the top of this page.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It take me to both our names and the {wrong} phone numbers!

Where does it show you that?

After which step?

The overview page will show information for all numbers currently on your account, which will NOT include the numbers you wish to bring over until AFTER you ask to bring them over.

As @Mayumi has mentioned, it is difficult to get back your old numbers, since you have already cancelled your account with Telus. That said, you can contact a Koodo rep to see if you may be able to get your old numbers back. This will require a service charge. Should you choose to proceed, you can schedule a callback through Koodo Assist or send a message to a Koodo rep on Facebook Messenger or Twitter.

In the unlikely event that you find your number on the Self-Serve portal, you can try to change your number. You can follow the instructions at the link here. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/changing-your-phone-number

We are not with Telus, yet!! We are still with our old provider, I have not cancelled anything!! Our old numbers are still in operation!

I will have to get our old numbers back!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@MilkyWay Check the dates on the posts. You're responding to a post from a year ago.