Koodo Community

Community

Special online only deal and in-store trade-in

Hello,
I am eligible for an online Koodo deal that gives me $50 bill credit if I upgrade to a new phone. This deal is available online only. I can't trade-in my old phone if I upgrade online.
I can trade-in my old phone at the Koodo booth for $50, but I can't get the $50 bill credit.
So how can I get both the online only $50 bill credit and $50 trade-in value ?
Thanks.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Oh that's a tricky one blew me ask and get back to you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What phone is it? If it's somthing worth while you may get more than $50 for it selling it on Kijiji or something and then you don't have to worry about it you can just go with the one offer.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

What phone is it? If it's somthing worth while you may get more than $50 for it selling it on Kij...

It's a Nexus 5. I checked on the Best Buy trade-in appraisal tool and it's giving me an estimated trade-in value of $45.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What phone is it? If it's somthing worth while you may get more than $50 for it selling it on Kij...

You should be able to get more than that selling on Kijiji. I took a quick look and you should be able to get 100 for it without issue. See what the average is and list accordingly.

Maybe. I don't know. I've tried selling stuff on Kijiji before, and it's a major PITA. Sorry to say but people are just annoying... I was trying to save myself the hassle by just trading it in for $50...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If it's in good condition I'd say put it online for $75-$80 and you should be able to get that for it, it's still a decent phone and better than buying a low end phone from now IMO. If you don't want to deal with selling online to somebody then yeah wait for Goran findings but meeting someone for 5 minutes and taking 5 minutes to post the ad on Kijiji or Craigslist or even FB might be worth a good $25-$30 I know it is to me.
I hear ya though ppl can be a bit annoying but for me used phone transaction go pretty quick and painless especially the lower priced ones for a name brand phone like a Nexus where ppl know what they're talking about usually if they're looking for one.

Thanks for this.
Let's what Goran comes up with and we'll go from there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I know someone who may be looking for such a phone. Where are you located?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think the answer is at least 90% that's not possible. So put up the ad online just to see if you get any offers
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Heard back and if possible it would be tricky to do. It'll be a while before I get a definitive how to if so. I'd honestly look to sell it off on either Kijiji or a Facebook buy-sell group or even sell on eBay.

Thank you all for your comments. I am in Oakville. To be honest, the phone is not in mint condition. It is in good condition, but not perfect after 3 years of daily use. It was always in a protective case so the case is intact, but there are some micro scratches on the screen and the auto-rotate function does not work anymore. Not sure if this is a software issue or other...

What I'm thinking of doing is going to the booth to get the $50 trade-in and call Koodo CSR while I'm there in front of the sales person to ask them to apply the $50 bill credit.
I'll let you know if that works.
If it doesn't, I'll put it up for sale on Kijiji. We'll see what happens.

I meant to say I live in Oakville, Ontario. I work in Burlington.