Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Sim card in another phone

can i use my sim card in another phone...does koodo need to know my new phone info or will the phone work after reactivating

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If the SIM fits in the new phone just pop it in and away you go that's all there is to it. If the new phone takes a different sized SIM then you'll need to log into your self serve and click MOBILE PHONE then SWAP MOBILE PHONE and enter the # on the SIM and submit, it can take about 15 minutes for the new phone to become active.
Userlevel 1
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

If the SIM fits in the new phone just pop it in and away you go that's all there is to it. If...

Paul, I swaped out my s2x for moto g so I have the smaller Sim card now. The girl did not give me back the S2x card. Can I go into Koodo and get a duplicate Sim card the size of the s2x card, to use in my nexus s????
Userlevel 7

If the SIM fits in the new phone just pop it in and away you go that's all there is to it. If...

No, you can only have one active SIM card at a time. However, you can switch between reused SIM cards as long as they're active on the network within 90 days. Another option is getting a SIM card adapter but Koodo takes no responsibility for those if it damages your SIM slot or tray.
Userlevel 1

Does Koodo/Mobile Shop sell the card adapters?
Just take in consideration that the phone you put your SIM card in has to be unlocked or is locked to Koodo/Telus to work.
Userlevel 1
tshooz wrote:

Just take in consideration that the phone you put your SIM card in has to be unlocked or is locke...

Not Nexus phones.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
tshooz wrote:

Just take in consideration that the phone you put your SIM card in has to be unlocked or is locke...

But nexus are unlocked, they're factory unlocked .
Userlevel 1
tshooz wrote:

Tshooz is right, your right and I'm so dumb today, I don't even want to be in the same room, as me!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No, just to clarify, Koodo doesn't need to know any info about the phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Was it not clear when I said it man lol.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Felt like answering Stace's second question more directly 😛 Sorry!
Userlevel 6
Robert wrote:

Hi Paul, I have to agree with Robert on this one 🙂 Thank you both for your hard work!
Robert wrote:

Thanks for your help guys
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

I thought that stating If the SIM fits in the new phone just pop it in and away you go that's all there is to it would clearly insinuate that nothing else needs to be done which would obviously include not having to notify Koodo of anything as that would be doing more than just putting the SIM card in the new phone.