Koodo Community
Question

Sim card activation

• 7 October 2021
  • 4 replies

All right, so I got my phone stolen a week ago. I went in store the next day and got my self a new Sim card to put in an older phone so I can at least use a phone. Koodo employees are apparently not allowed to activat Sim cards so the is only way is with the self-serf thingy and they send you activation code via emails or text messages. It says my +10 years old email address must be activated for more than 48h witch is frustrating because I've used this email with Koodo for ever.. And why do you guys even put sms as an option for Sim card activation.. Of cours nobody would get that option if they can't receive any text! So.... How can activate my newly bought card? 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Could you share a screenshot of the error you are receiving?

Today I've tried to change my email address to the same one I had just to get that e-mail validation again. Hopefully, in an other 48h, the system should realize that this is a valid adress. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

All right, so I got my phone stolen a week ago. I went in store the next day and got my self a new Sim card to put in an older phone so I can at least use a phone. Koodo employees are apparently not allowed to activat Sim cards so the is only way is with the self-serf thingy and they send you activation code via emails or text messages. It says my +10 years old email address must be activated for more than 48h witch is frustrating because I've used this email with Koodo for ever.. And why do you guys even put sms as an option for Sim card activation.. Of cours nobody would get that option if they can't receive any text! So.... How can activate my newly bought card? 

It is done as a security measure. Unfortunately, in your case, it seems to be more of a hindrance than a convenience. As long as you can receive the activation code from your email address, you should be fine. Make sure to look at your junk mail folder. If it still does not show up, you can let us know and we will flag a Koodo rep to help you out.