Koodo Community
Solved

Should new Activation take >15 minutes?

• 22 July 2021
  • 5 replies

I have a phone & prepaid sim, I’ve filed out all of the new activation details, credit card etc and want to transfer my phone #. I hit the Activate button & it says “Please wait while your activation is being processed” for more than 15 minutes. Is this typical or does it indicate a problem?

icon

Best answer by DaveWC 22 July 2021, 23:32

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Still hung there 20 minutes later. One issue might be that I used to be a Koodo customer (not prepaid). Then I switched to Shaw & now I’m switching to Koodo prepaid. So I have an account with Koodo but I can only log on with it to the regular Koodo not prepaid Koodo. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you ever get this sorted out or are you still having issues?

I assume it at the very least would have timed out by now. Have you been able to try again? As well you can try putting the sim card into your phone and seeing if it's activated even if the web page hadn't finished loaded yet.

I put a message in for a callback & got it sorted out by phone. It never did go through on the  net nor did it time out. I had the sim card in a phone & it was not activated nor was my cc charged. Thanks for your reply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I put a message in for a callback & got it sorted out by phone. It never did go through on the  net nor did it time out. I had the sim card in a phone & it was not activated nor was my cc charged. Thanks for your reply.

Glad you got it figured out!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Edit.... Oops I guess I should refresh before answering next time after abandoning a page for a few hours. 

I can't delete this comment so just ignore me