Koodo Community
Solved

Self serve wont accept by mastercard debit

• 27 December 2020
  • 9 replies

I recently got a new phone and went on the koodo website to order a sim card and choose a plan. every time I try to pay, it says “Whoops! Something went wrong. There seems to be an issue with the credit card info you shared. Please try again, or use a different card.“? there’s money in the account and nothings wrong with the card. I don’t have another card to use, and on the website it says it accepts that type. I have used multiple different browsers and phones to attempt to get it to work, but it’s not. can anyone help me? 

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 27 December 2020, 22:35

I recently got a new phone and went on the koodo website to order a sim card and choose a plan. every time I try to pay, it says there’s an issue with my card and to try another one? there’s money in the account and nothings wrong with the card. I don’t have another card to use, and on the website it says it accepts that type. I have used multiple different browsers and phones to attempt to get it to work, but it’s not. can anyone help me? 

You need to use a Canadian credit card. They don’t accept Mastercard Debit when you sign up for a plan. It is only accepted for monthly payments after signing up. 

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I recently got a new phone and went on the koodo website to order a sim card and choose a plan. every time I try to pay, it says there’s an issue with my card and to try another one? there’s money in the account and nothings wrong with the card. I don’t have another card to use, and on the website it says it accepts that type. I have used multiple different browsers and phones to attempt to get it to work, but it’s not. can anyone help me? 

You need to use a Canadian credit card. They don’t accept Mastercard Debit when you sign up for a plan. It is only accepted for monthly payments after signing up. 

so they don’t accept BMO debit cards when signing up? I have to use a credit card, and then I can switch over to my debit for monthly payments? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

so they don’t accept BMO debit cards when signing up? I have to use a credit card, and then I can switch over to my debit for monthly payments? 

They do not accept debit cards when you sign up online. However, you can use your debit card by going to a Koodo store or authorized dealer to sign up. You can call them in advance and check their store hours first.

They do not accept debit cards when you sign up online. However, you can use your debit card by going to a Koodo store or authorized dealer to sign up. You can call them in advance and check their store hours first.

oh okay, thank you!!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Mastercard debits can't be used to pay your bill after the fact either. Only credit cards or visa debit.

You can alternatively add koodo as a payee with your bank and pay your bill out of your bank account that way though.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/paying-your-bill-self-serve

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Mastercard debits can't be used to pay your bill after the fact either. Only credit cards or visa debit.

You can alternatively add koodo as a payee with your bank and pay your bill out of your bank account that way though.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/paying-your-bill-self-serve

I misread the Mastercard gift cards as Mastercard Debit. Guess the author is out of luck, unless they use their chequing account to pay. 😕 https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/online-payment-methods

Koodo won’t accept my visa. It works, I signed up with it. Why cn’t I pay? Also, to pay through my bank, I need a Koodo Email, their phone number, and passwords! Why don’t they provide this info? How do I send an etransfer if they drop the ball like this?

Also, my Koodo account number is too short to be used as a bill payee number. Wtf

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo won’t accept my visa. It works, I signed up with it. Why cn’t I pay? Also, to pay through my bank, I need a Koodo Email, their phone number, and passwords! Why don’t they provide this info? How do I send an etransfer if they drop the ball like this?

What error message did you get when you tried to pay by your credit card?  Is expire date still valid? 

If you go to your bank's online banking site, you should be able to add Koodo as payee with your account number. ( No need to enter phone number, e-mail address and password)

Which bank are you using?