Koodo Community

Self Serve providing false information about rate plan

• 19 February 2021
  • 17 replies

Has anyone else had the problem with the self-serve website showing false information about their plan? I was under the impression after clicking on the 'view my rate plan' in the self-serve option that I had unlimited Canada wide minutes only to discover many hundreds of dollars worth of overage charges on my bills due to a work-from-home increase in phone usage. It is true that on my bill it says 500 min. But I assumed the self serve information was correct so I did not check my bills until today.

I have a screenshot showing the $40 plan with 'unlimited Canada-wide minutes' next to it. 

I would have happily upgraded my plan if I had known I needed to. 

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is strange. Could you check the page 3 of the PDF bill and take a snapshot of the bill where is showed you were charged for extra minutes (no personal information pls). I am wondering if there were some international long distance calls. If the plan said “unlimited” you shouldn't be charged for minutes over 500. If so, Koodo should fix the problem. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you include the section below the plan information in your screenshot? The part where it shows your add-ons? It appears that you're looking at only one of your two lines in self serve. If the line that was charged has a $10 add-on and there is none showing on this page you are looking at the wrong number. There should be an option near the top of the page to change which number you're viewing in self serve.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I didn’t see any 500 minutes anywhere. What I saw is a 500MB of data and “unlimited” Canada-wide minutes included in your plan.

Were you charged extra for using more than 500 minutes of calling?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Here is the page 3 summary from the Jan bill. There are many calls but none of the US long distance ones were charged (in keeping with our $10 add on). The local charges only started on the calls after the first 500 minutes.

Did you change your plan recently?  Do you have more than 1 line?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Indeed as Dennis mentioned, there are 2 numbers in your account as showed in the snapshot.

I would check for more detail in other pages of the PDF bill. One number had extra add-on of $10? and that one had extra usage charge. I would recheck what  rateplan that number had to make sure they charge you correctly.

Hi.

I don't have Facebook or Twitter.  If you give me an email address to contact, I can reach out that way.

Thanks

Cynthia

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If possible, could you share a screenshot of your plan in selfserve here? (hide/delete all personal information before posting please).

Sure.

Here is the screenshot

Yes, I was charged for the minutes over 500. To be fair, when I looked at the actually bill, it does say the plan is 500MB and 500 minutes. I didn't think to check my bills before though because I believed what was on the self serve .

Here is the page 3 summary from the Jan bill. There are many calls but none of the US long distance ones were charged (in keeping with our $10 add on). The local charges only started on the calls after the first 500 minutes.

There are two lines. The one line has the extra $10 because it has the US long distance add on. The first line (the one with the overage) is being used a lot more than it used to be because my spouse has been working from home and using it for work. 

We have had this plan since 2016, but because of covid this is the first time we have ever made more than 500 minutes of calls.

I have looked through the bill. It is accurate and entirely consistent with a plan that has 500 calling minutes. (It even says that that is the plan we have.) The problem is that the self serve information mislead me to believe we had an unlimited plan. 

This screenshot shows the add-on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My best guess is you called an US number that have area codes outside of the 1000 US minutes.

Could you go into your PDF bill and check the call history of the line. (In the PDF bill, there should be a note which call was charged, and which wans’t) Could you check the area code of the call that you were charged? If possible, could you share the area code of those calls here?

Here it shows the charges were for local calls.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’ll flag this to a rep for you

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out to us. Please send us a private message from your Social Media account (Facebook or Twitter) so that we could look into it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In that case you will need to schedule a callback via koodo assist

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help?autobots=rollout