Koodo Community

Selecting a new number for a new SIM

• 8 June 2021
  • 9 replies

Hi, I am planning to order a new SIM but want to know if I can select a number of my own choiceor will I get a random number?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can bring over a number from another provider, but if you want a new number you will, at best, be offered a choice of one of several available numbers. New lines may simply be assigned the first available number in the desired area.

You can change your number for free once per billing cycle through self serve, but your minutes and days will be prorated every time you do so, so try to do it only near the beginning of the end of your billing cycle to minimize the effect of proration.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi, I am planning to order a new SIM but want to know if I can select a number of my own choiceor will I get a random number?

You will be provided with a temporary number when you make your order. However, you can choose your number once you register your Self-Serve account.

thank you for your feedback.

Just a small clarification. I have receive an email with my new number and i am already registered in the self serve account. However, there is no option to change my number and select it from available list of numbers. Can you please advise how can i change my number of my ownchoice?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

thank you for your feedback.

Just a small clarification. I have receive an email with my new number and i am already registered in the self serve account. However, there is no option to change my number and select it from available list of numbers. Can you please advise how can i change my number of my ownchoice?

You can change your number by following these instructions: 

1. Log in to your Self Serve account.
  2. From the Self Serve drop-down menu, select Mobile services.
  3. Under “Manage your phone number,” select Manage.
  4. Select Find a new number.
  5. Choose the province and city for your new number.
    a) If you need a phone number for a different province, please contact us.
  6. Choose a new area code and the first three digits from the drop-down list, and select Next.
  7. Choose a new phone number.
  8. If no phone numbers appear, select a new area code number and search.
  9. Select Next.
  10. Review your changes and select Submit.
  11. You’re done! Your new phone number will be confirmed.

there is no option “Mobile Services”. I have only 4 options under Self Serve:

1. Overview
  2. Billing
  3. Usage
  4. My Profile

None of these options give me any option to change my number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

there is no option “Mobile Services”. I have only 4 options under Self Serve:

1. Overview
  2. Billing
  3. Usage
  4. My Profile

None of these options give me any option to change my number.

I am not sure why it is not showing for you, but I can see “Mobile services” under “Self Serve”. 

is it becausei am a new customer and didnt receive my SIM yet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

is it becausei am a new customer and didnt receive my SIM yet?

I’m not sure if it is because you are a new customer. I accessed the Koodo page without logging in and I can still see it under the drop-down menu. That said, you should wait until you receive your SIM card to change your number. 

let’s wait and see until I receive my SIM. thanks for your assistance. stay well.