Koodo Community
Question

scheduled 4 Callbacks and all of them hung up before even picking up after a callback

Like the title says,

I’ve repeatedly scheduled callbacks with koodo to no avail. It’s getting really annoying, as I can’t solve my issue through the useless self serve or dumb as a post chat bot. 

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What’s the issue? Is Koodo’s phone number blocked on your phone? 

Something to do with a promo not activating. No it’s not. The call back calls me back, and then I press 1 and it rings for 5 minutes and hangs up. 

the same thing is happening to me - i’ve received several callbacks to multiple numbers, once i pick up the phone rings for a few minutes and then hangs up. i also tried calling koodo’s number directly to try to speak with a representative, but then an automated response said “did you know you can answer most questions online? goodbye.” and then hung up. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@BibleBluntSmoke - I see that you upgraded to a new phone recently. Is the promo inquiry specific to that? If you can share a few general details of what you need/what’s missing, we can try to assist and look into it from here.

@zknowles94 - I just tried booking your callback with tech support. It should come through momentarily, if it hasn’t already. If you experience the same issue with it repeatedly ringing, can you send us a private message on Facebook, where we can authenticate you as the account owner and troubleshoot directly with you?

@BibleBluntSmoke - I see that you upgraded to a new phone recently. Is the promo inquiry specific to that? If you can share a few general details of what you need/what’s missing, we can try to assist and look into it from here.

@zknowles94 - I just tried booking your callback with tech support. It should come through momentarily, if it hasn’t already. If you experience the same issue with it repeatedly ringing, can you send us a private message on Facebook, where we can authenticate you as the account owner and troubleshoot directly with you?

thanks Ranjan. I’ve already tried sending Koodo a DM on facebook and twitter with no response. also, i cannot receive calls on my phone because i have crappy signal and cannot set up wifi calling, so i’m using my roomates number instead (who has successfully set up wifi calling). please respond to my FB or twitter DMs and i’ll provide you the number to call me at. thanks!

@Ranjan Koodo i received a text for ADD2 but it won’t apply, but it will be expiring today

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@zknowles94 - Perfect - one of our reps will help continue the conversation on Facebook and help get this sorted. Just a head’s up - we’re a bit backed up at the moment, so you may not get a reply for a couple of hours, but we will! :) 

@BibleBluntSmoke - to confirm, are you looking to add a brand new line to your existing account? And when you try to check out online, it isn’t accepting the code? If that’s the case, you can go ahead and complete your online order, and once everything is set-up/activate, reply back here and we can manually go in and ensure the promo is applied to your account. 

@Ranjan Koodo can you not just help me here? I work from home and need to be able to make calls…  

@Ranjan Koodo no it’s the ADD2 promo. It adds 2GB of data to my account for 10$ a month

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@zknowles94 - because this is a public forum, we can’t get into account details by asking/requesting specific information. Have you already reviewed and tried the tips in the article Flo shared with you in your other thread here? If so, then a tech support rep may need to go a level deeper with you, which we can’t do so here.

I can see that you’ve been with us for several years now, is the poor reception without WiFi calling something more recent? Is it just happening today, or something you’ve had challenges with since you began working from home? 

The other option that may be quicker is to use Koodo Assist but specify the problem, in your case you can put in “service Issues”, and follow the prompts to get a callback from tech support on your roommates phone. When I tried booking it to your line, the turn-around time was 15 mins. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@BibleBluntSmoke - can you share a screenshot of the offer you received?

@Ranjan Koodo 

@Ranjan Koodo thanks Ranjan, that makes sense (regarding not getting into account details on a public forum) - thank you for explaining :) 

I already reviewed the tips that Flo shared before I posted a comment on the Koodo Community and sadly they’re no help. I’ve also tried making multiple customer service calls to Koodo but the line keeps getting dropped (I’m making the calls on another phone that does have wifi calling so it isn’t a network issue on my end). From what I’ve seen on the Koodo Community today, the CS phone line seems to be down for a lot of other people too. 

Userlevel 3

@Ranjan Koodo

Thank you! In order for us to help with this further, can you please send us a message on social media, either Facebook or Twitter, so we can look into it? We’ll make sure to reply asap :)

@Julia Koodo cab someone just call me? I already tweeted at your koodo account today and got no reply. Or someone just add the 2GB on my account?

Userlevel 3

Just replied to you on Twitter, please feel free to send us a direct message anytime!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Julia Koodo cab someone just call me? I already tweeted at your koodo account today and got no reply. Or someone just add the 2GB on my account?

Keep in mind it does take some time before they get back to you when you contact them through social media.

@Robert T hence the main complaint in this topic here. People want to be able to call if they have an issue, and if the calling isn’t working, it’s really annoying. They’ve contacted me on social media now, but not until they saw this thread. This 15 minute issue is now a day long and who knows, maybe more. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@BibleBluntSmoke, I’ve scheduled a callback and they called me in an hour. 

Awesome @Robert T ive scheduled 4 today and they called back and hung up when I picked up and pressed 1. I’m very happy for you tho, thank you for being so helpful and not condescending. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My point here is that there’s a problem with your case particularly and that is not a general issue.

@Robert T Nah, that’s just what you’re saying now after being called condescending. I think you just like reading your comments tbh. You should read the other comments too, because someone else was having a similar issue in this thread. In the future when I need to figure out how to google something I’ll keep you in mind tho 🤙