Koodo Community
Question

S8 stuck on "no service in this area" mode

• 3 August 2020
  • 5 replies

I went camping last week, where I expectedly lost service, but upon arriving back home in the city my phone still says there is no service in the area and it has a symbol of a circle with a diagonal line through it. I have been googling for 2 days and tried countless “solutions” for the problem and did everything the Self Help section of the Koodo website recommended. Some of these included turning off and on the phone, resetting network settings, removing sim card, turning on and off airplane and do not disturb mode. I was messaging the chat bot on koodo website and it was unable to recommend me anything I havent already tried. I asked to speak to a person, but it only asked me to schedule a call back. How can I have someone call me if my phone has no service? I tried telling the bot that I cant book a call but it wouldnt give me any other opportunity to talk to a human. Super dissapointed with all of this and it has been incredibly inconvienent. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would go to a koodo store and try replacing your sim card next.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can request that they call you back on literally any number in Canada.

Hey Timo, I am aware I can request they call other numbers, I just don't have any other number I can use. I dont live with friends or family to borrow.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey Timo, I am aware I can request they call other numbers, I just don't have any other number I can use. I dont live with friends or family to borrow.

Then contact them via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I keep a free VoIP line with Fongo for this very reason.