Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Rewarded data but cant use it

Got rewarded free data for 2 months, wont let me activate it anywhere, 100% doesnt work turned on the data on ny phone, i got a koodo page saying my data is blocked?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Jami, you have data block on your account, if you want to use the bonus data you will have to log into your account online and remove that feature first. Hope this helps!
@Bernard thank you for your quick response, but where is that option? I looked for it everywhere but still cant find it haha
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jami Ware wrote:

@Bernard thank you for your quick response, but where is that option? I looked for it ever...

Should be under 'manage add-on'. If you click on view rate plan you should see that option. Let me know if you found it.:-)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jami Ware wrote:

@Bernard thank you for your quick response, but where is that option? I looked for it ever...

It is in your selfserve.
Selfserve --> view rateplan --> Manage Add-on --> Remove the Datablock addon
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jami Ware wrote:

Hmmm...no, it seem you don't see it on your side for some reason. Can you pls send us a private message on Facebook ad we will help you remove it?
Jami Ware wrote:

Could you send me the facebook link please 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jami Ware wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/Koodo/

Is it suppse to be there?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
uhmm, This is strange. It could be a setting of your phone prevented data usage.

Have you used data before with your phone? I would check APN settings, and check if mobile data is turned on.
Hi,
I am in the same boat. I have been offered free data for 2 months but I can not use it as I have a data block. Just to add in discussion above, when Public Mobile legacy customers were transferred we got data block as part of our plan and not an additional add-on.

Here I have 2 issues;
1) If I unblock my data I would have to add again by paying $2.00 per month.
2) If I decide to continue using data, I koodo does not offer any data add-on like public mobile used to offer. I would have to pay $7.50 per 50 MB.

Thanks

Just an update that I got reply from Koodo customer service that I need to change current plan to get rid of data block and then I can benefit from said offer. And if I want data block again, I can add $2 per month on top of expensive plan.

To me said offer is a bait and I would let it go.