Koodo Community

Community

Reoccurring Error message on Self Serve: Change monthly plan!

For the last four days there has been an error on the section of self serve that allows you to change your plan. I've changed jobs and need to get a phone plan to match. Wait time when I call is long enough that I've given up twice. I can't easily change my plan as I used to be able to do. I've had family members on other plans and on other devices check the sites availability and we are all confronted with this error.
What's up with this website error and when will it be fixed?! 

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you tried to change your plan from another browser?
Yes, I've tried on firefox, chrome, internet explorer, safari. I've checked the cookies, firewalls, and all things listed as an answer on another customer's issue with this error. I understand that there is a $10 fee for having certain things done over the phone or by email to Koodo. I'm not very interested in paying extra fees to change my plan just because the website is having errors 😞
As quoted on the main Koodo Self Serve page "Self Serve is available 24/7, and lets you manage your account on your time. Plus, unlike calling a Rep, all the services available online are free." Will Koodo be waving phone fees during the time that their self serve is not fully available and presenting critical errors for customers?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey - is this for the phone number ending in 44? If so, it may be due to the plan you're looking to change to. Since you have a medium tab, the minimum requirement for a monthly plan is $40/mth. This requirement was introduced after your current tab took effect, so you can keep everything as is, but if changing plans, you'll need to meet the minimum requirement in place now.

If this isn't the case, please share some more details and we can try to troubleshoot with you to resolve the issue. 
Ranjan wrote:

Hey - is this for the phone number ending in 44? If so, it may be due to the plan you're looking ...

I selected to use a username on this forum and not my real name. I question why you have called me by my given name.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ranjan wrote:

Hey - is this for the phone number ending in 44? If so, it may be due to the plan you're looking ...

My apologies... I'll remove your name from the post.
I don't know how to explain this differently, the website will not even let me look at the plans. I cannot access the page to choose another plan. I click the button to enter the change plan area and it immediately issues the Error message telling me to refresh or try the page later. 

I understand the limitations specific to my phone/tab. I am looking to increase my phone plan to one that is $55, which meets my minimum requirements. My issue is that I cannot reach the page to choose a new plan.
The error message presents directly after I click the "Change my plan" button. The error states: An error has occurred. Please refresh the page or try again later.
This error message has been occurring since January 7th. I do not have access to any of the Self Serve functions that allow me to change or even view different plans in the Self Serve center. I have tried all trouble shoot options involving different browsers, cookies, and firewalls. Will Koodo be fixing this issue or waving the $10 phone service fee while the website is not working? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
HJBen wrote:

The error message presents directly after I click the "Change my plan" button. The error states:&...

Sorry to hear - sounds like something's up with your profile. I'll flag this with our web team to investigate, but in the meantime can you shoot us a private message on Facebook or Twitter? An agent will verify you as the account owner, and from there help make the change. No fee applies in this case since you're unable to do so yourself.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
HJBen wrote:

The error message presents directly after I click the "Change my plan" button. The error states:&...

Also - can you please confirm the last 2 digits of your phone number for me? (Want to be sure I have the correct account).
HJBen wrote:

@Ranjan, it is not something with @ HJBen's profile. There is a real problem with Koodo's self serve which Koodo does not seem to want to acknowledge. Like HJBen, I have tried changing add-ons from different browsers and from apps on different devices, to no avail. I get an immediate error message that tells me to try again later. It's a bit different from a browser: you first go through all the steps of making the changes to your plan/add-ons and at the end it gives you the pesky error message. I finally had my add-ons changed through a very nice rep on Facebook. After much insistance - because reps are encouraged to close cases so they can check "Answered" - I have been given a ticket number for the recurring "Error message". That was before Christmas but the problem is still there. Nobody at Koodo seems to want to do anything about it because, as they keep telling me: "We've checked everything and all seems fine at our end." Dear Koodo's IT experts, your end does not really matter. It is the customer's end that matters. The customers are the ones paying the bills, so maybe somebody should try to find a solution to this problem. Do a search in this forum on "error message", only in the last 90 days, and you'll find several people with the same problem.
Userlevel 6
HJBen wrote:

Could be sporadic happenings which are hard to track down and fix.  I know it doesn't help your situation but could be one of the challenges in fixing this.  Do you get errors with the mobile app?
Userlevel 6
HJBen wrote:

Koodo is not responsible for fixing errors that are occurring on the Customer's End, they are only responsible for fixing errors on Koodo's end.  One of the reasons there are so many alleged "errors" with the Website and Self-Serve could be because so many new customers heard how amazing Koodo is and signed up, and they're trying to go on Self-Serve to send praise to Koodo for their amazing products and services, and it's slowing down their servers. 
Just try to be patient and everything will work out in the end.
Hope that helps!
HJBen wrote:

@Cameron Jones : Yes, it is happening with the mobile app, both Android smartphone and iPad. I've also cleared the cache of the apps and when this didn't work, I uninstalled and reinstalled the apps. Still does not work. Cameron, I want to reinforce the fact that this is not just my problem. I've done a five minute search and found a half-dozen people with that problem. I don't mind. I still like m'y Koodo plans (we have 2 accounts) and can get help from the Facebook page as needed. But the self-help is broken. It worked well in the past, but now it's broken.@Jru Gordon, not only is your answer not helpful, it is condescending and disrespectful. You should not assume that everybody else but you on this forum is an idiot. That's not helpful to Koodo's image.
Userlevel 6
HJBen wrote:

That does suck Jeannette, it's almost a month for you and still nothing?  Hopefully the tech department is looking at it as I type this, and hopefully looking at error logs.  They need to fix it if they want Koodo to be a full self serve offering.  Patience I guess....
HJBen wrote:

I have just encountered this error and I see many others with the same problem. It certainly makes Koodo look incompetent and makes me wonder if I will ever be able to change plans. I am considering changing providers.
HJBen wrote:

I was able to change my plan through talking to a representative on my Facebook profile. But it took two days of back and forth. Yes, the error is still on my Self Serve. That's a long time to "try again later" the response that everyone seems to be getting puts the blame for the error on the customer, ie: change browsers, allow cookies, its your specific profile. I think everyone would feel better if Koodo accepted responsibility for this error. It has been an error for nearly a month now.
Userlevel 6
HJBen wrote:

Somethings up.  My guess it's not the majority of users but they do listen and check out customers comments.  Not too long ago they did act responsibly and posted about the mobile app for android https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/self-serve-app-update-for-android-january-2017