Koodo Community
Question

Re-joining Koodo - Can't register for new Self-serve

• 8 September 2020
  • 10 replies

Hi,

I’m trying to rejoin Koodo  and received a new sim card. However, I can’t create a new self-serve to transfer my number (and activate account) as I get a message saying that my email is linked to another account. 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you are using the same email address to create a new account, that error would show up. You need a reset for it.

Anyway, have you received new SIM card and new contract agreement? If so, you could try to reset the account with the digital assistant www.koodo.com/chat and type “I cannot access my selfserve” , it would ask you few question and try  to reset with the new account.

If that doesn’t work, you would need a rep to be involved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How are you rejoining?

Did you go through the new customer process?  If you left more than 90 days ago you cant just login to self serve like you never left

Thanks for the replies!

I was a koodo customer a couple years ago. I switched to a telus plan. I recently ordered a koodo plan online. The sim card came, but I don’t know how to activate the plan and transfer my number. I can’t register for a new self serve account.

I tried the chat robot but it didn’t work out. I didn’t realize it would be complicated to return as a customer (maybe it’s uncommon?) and I’m not sure if I missed something  on Koodo’s instructions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the replies!

I was a koodo customer a couple years ago. I switched to a telus plan. I recently ordered a koodo plan online. The sim card came, but I don’t know how to activate the plan and transfer my number. I can’t register for a new self serve account.

I tried the chat robot but it didn’t work out. I didn’t realize it would be complicated to return as a customer (maybe it’s uncommon?) and I’m not sure if I missed something  on Koodo’s instructions.

When you ordered a plan and sim card came, did you try the sim on your phone did it work?

Also did you receive a confirmation email for self serve?

The sim card didn’t work...my phone didn’t connect to a network. I didn’t receive any email since my order confirmation either. I’ve had the sim card for quite a few days already.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The sim card didn’t work...my phone didn’t connect to a network. I didn’t receive any email since my order confirmation either. I’ve had the sim card for quite a few days already.

That is werid.

Usually your sim should arrive pre-activated.  And at that point you will see a self serve confirmation email.  If it has already been a few days, please send koodo a private message via facebook or twitter and a rep can help you activate your sim

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I assumed you ordered a postpaid sim card. Do you have an order number (starting with HFO...). You could also post here so a rep can check if he/she passes by.

Thanks for the tips and guidance Dennis and Dinh.

My order confirmation is HFO27737462

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Are you using a pre-2017 Telus-bought cell? If you are, it might be locked to Telus (and can be unlocked with their help). Also, look for the self serve email in your spam.

I’m using an iphone Xs bought unlocked from the apple store.  I’ve checked the spam folder with no luck. Thanks for suggesting though.