Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Rate plans unavailable in ontario

I was signed into self serve, (monthly), and took a look at the rate plans as I have been using more daytime minutes recently. I saw one that looked perfect! Seems that I was seeing rates for another province even though I was signed in. The rates for Quebec are MUCH better then Ontario! How about giving us those plans too?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Jennifer.

This has been requested since a long time. Unfortunately, competition in QC is more fierce then ON. And MB/SK has even better plans then people in QC. So I don't think it will happen anytime soon.
Badge +4
It comes down to a lack of competition in this province. Competition in the sense that there isn't a dominant fourth player in the province of Ontario to shake things up. Quebec, Manitoba and Saskatchewan are the only provinces where a strong fourth player has forced down the cost of wireless. In order for Koodo to compete with the likes of MTS, SaskTel and Videotron, they have to lower prices even further to entice customers. Shaw who recently acquired WIND Mobile will reportedly follow a similar pricing strategy as the big three incumbents, so we're essentially back to square one with this oligopoly merry-go-round with little relief in sight.
Thanks.
Hi.  I'm an Ontario resident (and Telus PAYG customer) looking for a plan with 1Gb data (or more) for around $35/mo., but it seems that only the two lowest-tier plans offered by Koodo are available to Ontario - all the better ones are Quebec only.  Will Koodo introduce a better plan for Ontario any time soon?  Thanks.  🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Larry wrote:

Hi.  I'm an Ontario resident (and Telus PAYG customer) looking for a plan with 1Gb data (or ...

If they do they certainly aren't going to advertise them until they're available for purchase. The competition would simply match the offer, eliminating any small advantage gained by offering the cheaper package.
Larry wrote:

Hi.  I'm an Ontario resident (and Telus PAYG customer) looking for a plan with 1Gb data (or ...

So basically I just need to keep an eye out for an offer and jump on it when I see it?  OK, I guess that's what I'll do.  Thanks!  🙂
Larry wrote:

Or perhaps buy a phone in Quebec, get unlimited whatever you want and use it in Ontario?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Larry wrote:

Please don't revive a year old thread. Youre also not supposed to do that. You'd need a Quebec address at the very least and Koodo does what it can to keep people from having out of province plans.