Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Questions about a new SIM card

I'm planning on getting a Nexus 5 off of the Google store because its cheaper, but I figured out that my standard sized SIM card can't fit in the Nexus 5. Meaning that I'll have to get a new one. With this, I have a couple of questions: 1. Would I just be able to buy a new SIM card and put it into my phone? 2. How will my plan transfer to the new SIM card? 3. How much will the new SIM card cost and where can I buy it? Thanks for your time.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
You would have to go to a Koodo store or authorized Koodo dealer to get the sim which would be $10 plus tax and the plan would switch over when they put the new sim is activated.
Userlevel 3
Answer to question 1: Yes answer to question 2:once you purchase your sim card at $10 you'll have to update your sim through self serve online by clicking "mobile phone" then click change equipment. Your new sim will then be tied to your phone #. Answer to question 3. $10 and anywhere where they sell Koodo products and services. If you're not sure you can use the store locator tool on the main koodo mobile page and input your postal code.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
OR, you could buy a SIM cuter from eBay or Amazon!
Userlevel 7
Robert wrote:

Which would probably cost around $10 or more anyway. In its defense, though, we actually got one for our kiosk and it's saved our butts a few times already (when we ran out of micro SIMs for X carrier)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

I've bought my SIM cutters for ~$4 on Ebay. It's handy to have around while travelling.