Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Question about changing your phone number with self serve

When using self serve to change your phone number, and you get to the part where you can see the available numbers, can you still back out and keep your number? or do you need to pick a new one at that point?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Of course you can! Essentially at that point you're just viewing available numbers and nothing has happened or will happen to your number until you actually confirm everything and submit the changes. You could go back, exit the screen, log out, doesn't matter:)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think your fine as long as you don't pick the # and confirm the change.
Ahmad wrote:

Of course you can! Essentially at that point you're just viewing available numbers and nothing ha...

thats what i had thought but wanted to ask the pros before i tried it, thanks!
is this how a person would choose their first time number? or would kudo choose a number for u after u buy your phone and plan? k
Is there any way to get back old phone # after I confirmed my new phone #?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yura Yeremenko wrote:

Call & see if your old # is still available but you'll be charged for a number change if they do it.
Yura Yeremenko wrote:

I was about to get new one but I wasnt sure if can cancel it once I confirmed new phone # I believe after some period of time, lets say 6 months, you can not get previous old phone number.It would be nice switching the numbers))) Pay fee and keep few numbers