Koodo Community
Solved

Question about changing phone numbers

• 19 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I recently tried calling my old phone number and got an “out of service” message. When I go to change my current phone number to try and get my old one back (on Koodo self-serve), it is not listed as an option. Is there a reason for this? Do certain providers have certain numbers they can offer? The number I am looking to get is 780-263-XXXX and there are only numbers above and below this available.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 19 February 2021, 04:58

Hello,

I recently tried calling my old phone number and got an “out of service” message. When I go to change my current phone number to try and get my old one back (on Koodo self-serve), it is not listed as an option. Is there a reason for this? Do certain providers have certain numbers they can offer? The number I am looking to get is 780-263-XXXX and there are only numbers above and below this available.

Thank you!

Once you change your number, it's extremely difficult to get it back. Your previous number will become unavailable, for a period of up to 90 days, before it is made available to the public. 

You can try to contact Koodo to see if you can get it back, but it’s not guaranteed. Schedule a callback through Koodo Assist or send a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter. 

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello,

Thank you!

Once you change your number, it's extremely difficult to get it back. Your previous number will become unavailable, for a period of up to 90 days, before it is made available to the public. 

You can try to contact Koodo to see if you can get it back, but it’s not guaranteed. Schedule a callback through Koodo Assist or send a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter.