Koodo Community
Question

Promo codes and special offers not working

Several weeks ago I received a "special" offer for an upgrade with the tab waived. It showed up on my selfserve and when I selected a phone it says that they are waiving the $120 on my tab, but as I proceeded to check out it tells me to authorize paying off the $120 tab on my next bill. I tried several times.

Although the offer is now expired it still shows up and won't use the new "KOODOOFFER" promo code, it still trying to apply the expired offer that wouldn't work and tells me they are waiving the tab but then asking me to authorize it being added to my next bill. and the KOODOOFFER does not work.

Also, in the "summer deals" they are offering a $55/6GB plan that disappears when you log in.

A call back talking to CS for an hour and a half didn't resolve any of it.

Starting to seem like bait and switch to me. Totally frustrated! Anyone else having these issues?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The first one is due to you needing to get a new tab in order for it to be waived.

I'm not sure why it's stuck and why the rep you spoke to couldn't get around it though. I've flagged this for a rep to look into.
I accept that I would need a new tab with the new phone, the offer was to waive the existing TAB of $120. At checkout it was still asking me to payout the existing tab by putting it on my next bill. That does not equate to waiving the TAB if they are asking me to pay off the tab.

Now it's stuck on this expired offer and I can't apply the other offer (KOODOOFFER). I also tried this one on my wife's phone but it doesn't show in the checkout.

The $55/6GB plan disappears at login.....

It's great that they are offering these but if they don't work it's BAIT and SWITCH!

I have been a Koodo customer for more than 10 years and spend roughly $200/month (2 phones + home phone). I have referred lots of people but no more. Offers that don't work, hard to contact, very frustrating. Waited for a callback that resulted in being on the phone for close to two hours and I'm back to where I started.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What did the rep on the phone say?

Note that the Koodooffer code for $120/12 months might not be stack-able (they mentioned it in the footnote of the offer), and it might only work with "in-market" plans. If you chose to keep your current plan, you might not get it.
Userlevel 4
Hi @Chromspec! Thank you for reaching out to us! We appreciate your loyalty, your feedback it's important to us as we are striving to improve the services. For tab waive offer at checkout you would have had to agree with the tab pay off, however it would have been credited on the next bill ( since you were making an upgrade ). I apologize if the offers were not presented clearly. When you have the chance, please send us a message on Facebook ( https://m.me/Koodo ) or Twitter, so we can take a look at your account and assist you 🙂 Thank you so much.
Hi @Chromspec! Thank you for reaching out to us! We appreciate your loyalty, your feedback it's important to us as we are striving to improve the services. For tab waive offer at checkout you would have had to agree with the tab pay off, however it would have been credited on the next bill ( since you were making an upgrade ). I apologize if the offers were not presented clearly. When you have the chance, please send us a message on Facebook ( https://m.me/Koodo ) or Twitter, so we can take a look at your account and assist you 🙂 Thank you so much.
Part of the problem is that this was supposed to expire on May 31st. It doesn't say anything about receiving a credit, unless it does after you commit to paying the tab on the next bill. Because of this I ended up letting the offer lapse because I wasn't committing to paying the tab on top of the new tab. Even though it expired on May 31st it is still telling me that the offer includes the waiving of TAB. I don't believe it is valid so what's the point? Who do I message on facebook and to what end? If your CS couldn't figure it out over the phone, it's going to be even more frustrating trying to sort it out through PM's.

Note that the Koodooffer code for $120/12 months might not be stack-able (they mentioned it in the footnote of the offer), and it might only work with "in-market" plans. If you chose to keep your current plan, you might not get it.

If offers are not "stackable" and the expired/non-working offer won't go away then yes I get that the $120/12 won't work. The problem is it is still telling me that it is applying the "Tab waive" offer right up until I go to checkout.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If offers are not "stackable" and the expired/non-working offer won't go away then yes I get that the $120/12 won't work. The problem is it is still telling me that it is applying the "Tab waive" offer right up until I go to checkout.

Well,you should have told us the offer got an expired date, that should help other to understand what is happening.

As the rep mentioned above, send message to their Facebook, they will look into it for you.

Well,you should have told us the offer got an expired date, that should help other to understand what is happening.

As the rep mentioned above, send message to their Facebook, they will look into it for you.

Read the first post. To clarify, "tab waive" offer did not appear to work when it was active. Now that it has expired it is still automatically telling me that it is applying the offer (which still doesn't appear to work). The "KOODOOFFER" doesn't work, likely because of the above. Other offers "disappear" when you log in.

I spent nearly 2 hours on the phone with a CS rep., if they couldn't resolve it then, I can't imagine how long it would take via PM back and forth.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Read the first post. To clarify, "tab waive" offer did not appear to work when it was active. Now that it has expired it is still automatically telling me that it is applying the offer (which still doesn't appear to work). The "KOODOOFFER" doesn't work, likely because of the above. Other offers "disappear" when you log in.

I spent nearly 2 hours on the phone with a CS rep., if they couldn't resolve it then, I can't imagine how long it would take via PM back and forth.

The rep above mentioned that you were asked to pay the Tab, then there would be a credit in the bill to compensate for it. If you didn't do it, then of course it didn't work. As you still see the offer in selfserve, the offer might magically work for you at this point. However, I would suggest you contact the rep through facebook messaging https://www.facebook.com/Koodo

I am not sure what you did over the phone. If you don't even want to communicate to Koodo again. then your issue isn't going to anywhere. And that is your choice.
There was nothing in the "checkout" to indicate that there would be a credit. No special notes saying "pay this and we will credit you", only a checkbox and a note about the payment being non-refundable. So the expectation is to expect a credit without it saying there is one?

As the rep was unable to do anything, it was a waste of time. If anything I would like to see the website glitches fixed. If you are going to make "self serve" only offers, make the website usable. If they are going to make "offers", keep them clear (and yes I read the "Nitty Gritty") and let people know exactly what to expect (at checkout) on the website. Also not a fan of the disappearing "offers".

My original post/question was: "Anyone else having these issues?"

As an aside I was to able upgrade my wife's phone. As her account didn't have the "Tab waive offer", I could use the "KOODOOFFER" mind you in order to get it to work had to "upgrade" the plan, this was a stupid process that required me to re-pick my original plan and features separately. Was almost there.... went to checkout and now the shipping address was an issue (wasn't before), had to fix that and still had to give my credit card info even though there are no charges at this time (ridiculous).
Userlevel 3
Several weeks ago I received a "special" offer for an upgrade with the tab waived. It showed up on my selfserve and when I selected a phone it says that they are waiving the $120 on my tab, but as I proceeded to check out it tells me to authorize paying off the $120 tab on my next bill. I tried several times.

Although the offer is now expired it still shows up and won't use the new "KOODOOFFER" promo code, it still trying to apply the expired offer that wouldn't work and tells me they are waiving the tab but then asking me to authorize it being added to my next bill. and the KOODOOFFER does not work.

Also, in the "summer deals" they are offering a $55/6GB plan that disappears when you log in.

A call back talking to CS for an hour and a half didn't resolve any of it.

Starting to seem like bait and switch to me. Totally frustrated! Anyone else having these issues?

Hey 🙂

When you have a tab waive offer confirmed on your account, you will still have to authorize a tab payoff for the remaining balance at that point. Because the waive is a percentage from your total tab (in this case%100), the credit will be added by the system on your bill so you don't have to worry about not receiving it if you agree to make the payoff.

Also, promotional plans, code-based offers and other discounts might be subject to conditions (like tab type) and might not be stackable. In the end it's just a matter of taking advantage of the best offer for your needs.

We ask of you to send a pm on social media in case we need to go into account specifics, so if you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out anytime!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'll give you the same meme that Ranjan gave me for replying to a 1 week old post

Userlevel 3
@Dennis hahah, nice one! I'll keep this in mind, thanks.