Koodo Community

Community

Pre-Authorization Card Change Information Clarification

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Inform customers on self serve that are changing their pre-authorization card that, if the change is made 15 days prior to the bill date it should recognize the new card. If the change is not made 15 days prior, the customer will need to make a manual payment. Still best to say that it could take up to a month for the payment card to be registered.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
You'd think they would have in here: http://help.koodomobile.com/self-serve/self-serve-app/how-do-i-set-up-pre-authorized-payments
Userlevel 1
Dennis, is this confirmed? Does it really take 15 days prior to bill date? Why not 2 to 3 days prior to bill date?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sheila Mulroney wrote:

Dennis, is this confirmed? Does it really take 15 days prior to bill date? Why not 2 to 3 days p...

Yes confirmed by our Koodo contact. When I asked about general pre-auth times a while back this is the response I got: [t]his is mainly due to the connection we need to create with the issuing card bank. Best to think of this like creating a 3rd party agreement. It may take less than a month for this to happen, but it's best to be safe. It's fairly standard across all industries for this type of delay for PAP. Hope that helps. EDIT: By 3rd party I mean 3 people trying to make an agreement.... ...Keep in mind that when we're making a monthly pre-authorized payment we don't sign a receipt or agree to the payment each month. The bank or CC company needs to see proof that someone has agreed to the charge.