Koodo Community
Question

Porting nummber from PC Mobile to Koodo-How long is the delay?

• 16 October 2020
  • 5 replies

I used self serve this morning to port my number with PC Mobile to Koodo. It said it had completed the transfer. However, as soon as that happened, my cell can no longer send or receive calls or texts. How long will the transfer take? It’s been over 2 hrs. Will I have to wait until the new sim card comes in the mail?

I wish someone had told me there’d be a delay. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So you are not receiving your SIM card yet?

Postpaid or prepaid?  Were you able to create your self-serve account?

How did you initiate porting process?

I am postpaid. The SIM card is in the mail. I initiated the porting process via self serve while on the phone with a Koodo customer service agent.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Your PC Mobile phone is no longer active since your requested transfer has been completed at the PC Mobile end. You are now at the mercy of UPS/Canada Post for the delivery of your new koodo SIM. Why??

SIM shipment usually takes 3-5 business days but may take longer due to Corona delays.

Ok, thank you for your help. Koodo should probably have that information in big capital letters before someone starts the process. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok, thank you for your help. Koodo should probably have that information in big capital letters before someone starts the process. 

They should.  And they should training their staff better. This is such a basic knowledge that you can't have any access to  service without SIM.  They also should know the shipping could be delayed for days too. Then customers have no phone service available from Koodo and previous provider. 

When did you make this switch? I think I should let them know why they made this process before customer received their SIM.