Koodo Community
Solved

How do I get my number ported to Koodo but still keep my account with previous mobile provider

• 4 January 2022
  • 4 replies

How do I get my number ported to Koodo but still keep my account with previous mobile provider because it says that as soon as Koodo ports my number it will cancel service with that company ?

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 4 January 2022, 04:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, that’s how it works…. when you port your number from one provider to another, the “old” provider gets cancelled right away.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How do I get my number ported to Koodo but still keep my account with previous mobile provider because it says that as soon as Koodo ports my number it will cancel service with that company ?

You cannot keep your number under two service providers. If you want to keep your old account, it would be best to sign up with Koodo and get an entirely new number, while maintaining your other account with your old service provider. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unless your have another line with your old carrier. This way the account will stay active but the line will still be canceled 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Get a different number with Koodo, sign up for Call Forwarding with both providers.  Turn that feature on/off at will. You can then receive calls placed  to both numbers on whichever line is the current target, and use either for outgoing.

Voicemail will be a little more complicated, with 2 line to check.