Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Porting a number from another provider to your Koodo phone

If I port a new number onto my existing phone using self serve, does the change occure instantly, that is Bell will not be billing me for the ported number?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
You'll get a final bill from bell no doubt. According to the terms of your bell contract. Ports can take up to 24 hrs to fully complete during which both phones may operate.
Userlevel 3
Make sure you let bell know once youve ported the number aswell so they dont continue to charge your credit card or bank account, they can be sneaky like that!
Userlevel 7
Cameron wrote:

Make sure you let bell know once youve ported the number aswell so they dont continue to charge y...

The act of porting out cancels your line.
Userlevel 5
Cameron wrote:

Make sure you let bell know once youve ported the number aswell so they dont continue to charge y...

Not if there is another line or service on the account. Rogers/Bell have been known to carry on charging service as part of a package unless told otherwise. When you port over in store or over the phone, the Koodo rep now has the ability to send a specific request to your former company to cancel the services related to a specific number. Saving you from trouble again, Koodo.
thank you all