Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Phones prices changing

I used the site to look at phones to upgrade as I have a positive balance and need a new phone. However, the site said $0 with tab plus for the nexus 6p, and $50 for the S7 with tab plus yesterday. Upon looking at the site today the nexus increased to $20 with tab plus and $150 for the s7. I then went to read on more comparison article and when i logged back into my account about an hour later the nexus was $170 with tab plus and the S7 was $300. Would like to know why the prices are changing like this as it hasn't even been 2 days...

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you change provinces at all on the website? Were you logged in at one point and not another? Companies can regularly change prices and I don't think Koodo's going to explain why it's changed a few times in a few days. Sales just come and go.
Goran wrote:

Did you change provinces at all on the website? Were you logged in at one point and not another? ...

I don't think I did, but it could be a possibility I suppose. I was logged out in between checking, although I checked again a half hour later and it went back down to 20 then back to 170 later so it may be just me coming from the incorrect site. Thanks for the insight.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Did you change provinces at all on the website? Were you logged in at one point and not another? ...

It's another little improvement the on-line team could make. If you check out any pricing on Bell, for example, you are prompted to choose a province and language before anything can be displayed. If you want to monkey around with settings later on, that's on your dime, but at least nobody starts on the wrong foot or in the wrong language.

Userlevel 4
if it helps at all, I'm seeing $170 for the 6P and $400 for the S7. I assume the sale is over and they went back to the regular price, then someone at head office notice that Fido is selling the S7 at $400 and said "we gotta match that"
Userlevel 4
Jay Why wrote:

if it helps at all, I'm seeing $170 for the 6P and $400 for the S7. I assume the sale is over and...

looks like the 6P just drop back down to $50 on a tab plus this morning