Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Phone number changes - issues.

When attempting to change my number as a result of moving to another city, it is saying that my phone number is wrong and I can't do anything... What the?

20 replies

specifically "Mobile Number entered is invalid. Please check and try again."
Userlevel 1
Jen McCartney wrote:

specifically "Mobile Number entered is invalid. Please check and try again."

If you're moving call *611 and ask Koodo rep to change your number/address to new location.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Are you trying to get a specific number or just a random number from the city where you moved to?
Do you have a prepaid or monthly payed account ?
I have a monthly account. It let me get to a certain point, and then it timed out & now I'm unable to do anything about it. I just moved from Belleville to Toronto & am seeking employment, so I'm trying to change my number so as to not incur extra costs when speaking with potential employers... I had a number selected and then it timed out, now I can't do anything.
Userlevel 1
Jen McCartney wrote:

I have a monthly account. It let me get to a certain point, and then it timed out & now I'm unabl...

First change your old address to the existing one to be able to find the right area code number corresponding to your new postal address /postal code
you are, maybe trying to change the area code only, And if it is the case the number you are looking for does not exist in that area code
Userlevel 4
Honestly, with that issue, call Koodo and have them change everything for you. Due to the change being part of a move, there will be NO fees associated with these changes. It's enough that you are moving AND seeking employment. Save yourself the hassle and let Koodo do the work to update/change the account details 🙂
Userlevel 1
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Honestly, with that issue, call Koodo and have them change everything for you. Due to the change ...

applies only when moving from province to another province, not within same province though.
Userlevel 4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Honestly, with that issue, call Koodo and have them change everything for you. Due to the change ...

Since when? I have never charged a customer for a change in address and phone number due to a move, regardless of where. Then again, that could be my own personal choice in that situation. I'll have to look it up when I get to work.
Userlevel 6
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Well, it clearly states on your website that there are charges for those services if done through by calling, but if you never charge for those what is the point of charging. Unless, you are the only one circumventing the "rules". 🙂
Userlevel 4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

I guess it comes down to a judgement call. Generally, yes, there is a charge for a number change. The exceptions are harassment and moving. I give the customer the benefit of the doubt. I've moved enough in my life to know how stressful it can be so I generally cut them some slack on that one. I do still try to make teh attempt to have the customer change the number and address in Self Serve prior to doing it myself. Most of the time, the customer's home internet is off because of the move so they have no access to Self Serve. I would suggest using their phone for it, but that can be a hassle.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

The docs indicate that the fee can be waived if the customer is moving, and that the billing address should change as well. Nowhere is it stated that the move must be to a different province.
Userlevel 1
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Agree, Self Serve is there for customers to make changes with no fees, following Koodo rep judgment he may waive fees one time not all the time, let say customer is moving from city to another city 4 times a year that's 4 x times $25, instead of giving some one 1 fish everyday why don't you teach him how to fish?.
Userlevel 4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Excellent point, Mat. If they are moving more than twice a year for whatever reason, a one time credit would be enough following the education as to how to change it themselves. I do look at the previous credits to see if they have had the adjustment before, usually within a 6 month period. If they have, I tend not to adjust it assuming there are NO issues with Self Serve.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Agreed, but please don't say the fee can only be waived for an out of province move when this is not the case.
Userlevel 1
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

This post http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/can_i_keep_my_service_and_plan_if_i_move_up_to_yellowknife_nwt_what_are_my_options will confirm that phone number fee waiving can be done when customer moves from one province to another one, Koodo rep was confirming this on the post
Userlevel 4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

What I didn't see is the confirmation of a fee when moving within the same province. Timo and I work for Koodo as well even though we do not have the title of Koodo Employee.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Mat, read the post again. Not once did I say that the fee cannot be waived for an out of province move. What I said was that the fee can be waived for an in province move as well, whereas YOU said that this was not the case.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Yes fee "CAN" be waived for an in province move, but "MUST NOT" be charged for an out province move ...that what was creating the confusion i guess