Koodo Community
Solved

Phone number change not working - blank screen

While trying to change my phone number I am getting a blank screen after submitting my account details. I am trying to port my number from another provider. I have tried chrome, internet explorer, and firefox. Looks like they've done some cosmetic change to a previously simple and easy to use system. Now it's NOT WORKING!

37 replies

Yes, Self Serve is broken.
Userlevel 7
KD, are you able to see the telephone number currently associated to your account? Perhaps the change did go through?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@KD, at what step are you getting the blank screen? First step in number change flow is the below:

You should have no problem getting to this step. Once you click "transfer" it will take you to our 'classic/old' site, where you are asked to enter the number you are bringing over. Is that where it seem to fail for you? 
Bernard wrote:

@KD, at what step are you getting the blank screen? First step in number change flow is th...

Why not give it a try?
Transfer your phone number > Enter the phone number > Enter the account information > White page, can't submit
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

@KD, at what step are you getting the blank screen? First step in number change flow is th...

You are awake. Good! 🙂 Happy Saturday. 
Bernard wrote:

Yes that is where it is failing for me too. After I have entered account information for the port and click submit. Then it goes to a blank page.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Got it. Ok, will have the team look into it. In the meantime, send us an FB message and we'll make the change for you. 
Bernard wrote:

Thanks Bernard. I think I will wait until it's all working properly to verify it myself. These types of issues get me worried I will lose my number and want to track it myself
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

I understand. As soon as I have info that it's all good, I will let you know here. It won't be this weekend though. 
Bernard wrote:

On a side note: why does koodo do this? I mean, I noticed the layout is different but how does it serve the customer OR by straining koodo's support staff to have these changes done? About a month ago my friend tried changing his sim card for a different size phone and the self serve tool for that is gone now and it used to be available. He had to spend an hour on hold to do something that used to take 3 minutes on the website!

Someone over there really need to quit messing around and leave things as they are! 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'!
Bernard wrote:

@bernard is there a reason it won't be resolved this weekend?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

We are overhauling the entire back-end system supporting our online tools. It's not a small feat at all given the sensitivity of data around personal info etc. We have been picking up different function to bring over from the "old world" to the "new world". Most of the functions are in the new world now and work well. So well that Koodo has ranked 5th on the a list of companies (all sorts from across Canada) in terms of "how easy it is to deal with"  relating to support online. Amazon did beat us. 😞 But we came ahead of Netflix, Apple some really big brands. So the new design and functionality is paying off. Once everything is carried over to the new world most of these issues relating to the old world should go away. 

Porting over a number is still in the "old world". That platform is close to it end of life and it shows. As you can see it's it's not even mobile friendly, meaning on the small scree of a phone it drive people bunkers that they have pinch and zoom.

The SIM card change is a different story. As I mentioned in another post, some fraud occurred that necessitated disabling that function for the time being. Hoping to bring that back soon. 

The reason why it cant be fixed on the weekend is simply because of the number dependencies we are facing of each of these function. I don't want to get too technical but, getting to identify the root cause is not that simple, putting a patch in requires a release, regression testing etc. The last thing we would want is something else to break in the process. 
Bernard wrote:

It seems like your "new world" allows more than one number change per billing cycle, nice. I will test it on Monday.
TELUS seems to allow unlimited number transfers but still only one number change every 90 days.
You removed the ability to get a phone number from another province for what reason? I mean, at least allow changing between AB/BC/ON since those provinces already have double the price of MB/SK/QC.
At least you didn't remove the ability to search available numbers by last 4 digits like TELUS, so that is nice.
Ridiculousness across the board.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Apart from, as you suggested, "abuse", what would been the real need for phone number change to other provinces? Once you move all is good. Change can be done. 

On the lighter side of life, you sound hangry, have you had a snicker bar this morning yet? :-) 
Bernard wrote:

What is the real need for removing the option? You don't want people to call your phone line, but then you don't even allow them to switch numbers between provinces that already have the most expensive prices, forcing them to call if they move. (I would rather contribute 5% than 13% to reckless government spending.)

Also, on Prepaid, searching by last 4 digits is useless. It only "searches" the numbers in the list that you can already see on the screen. You basically have to click Load more unlimited times to actually get the number that you know is available. You might as well remove it completely.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

You don't have to call when you move. Everything can be done online. 

Tax "evasion" is a seemingly new thing for you, but interesting nonetheless. 
Bernard wrote:

Why do I constantly feel like you never even look at Self Serve?

I would comment here about ROBELUS' different prices between provinces, and the fake competition in the same province but that would get me banned pretty quick.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Fair comment. I will find out how and why that made up there. There is no need AFAIK. That said I have "eaten crow: before .
Bernard wrote:

Ok it looks like the convo got off track. Bernard - I am a little confused though by the delay until after the weekend. You mention that repairs arent done as it *may* cause a problem - but we have a 100% guaranteed problem existing right now!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Only online KD. If you wanted to get the change done our reps can help you do it today. 

Bernard wrote:

Ok thanks ill probably end up calling in if i get a chance. Just dreading the hold time as im very busy this weekend. But if not do you think this will be fixed on Monday or later?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Facebook reps are the same as call center reps. In both channels the changes of something going wrong are equally low. Indeed wait times on the phone could be long. The choice is yours KD. Have a great weekend!
Bernard wrote:

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/how-to-transfer-a-number-with-broken-self-serve
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

@Azure, he is not touching any of the code. 🙂 The inspect tool is commonly used by folks for a number of reasons. The main one is for fake pricing of products. It allows anyone to change price (only the front end)  of anything on any website, take a screenshot and claim to the company that that's the price they saw. That's no company accepts screenshots for pricing claims.

In any case, as you said, people can do what they want as long as they are aware of the consequences.
Bernard wrote:

What the heck does product pricing have to do with transferring a number? LOL There is nothing fake about it. It was a quick way to get to the Self Serve page that functions normally before somebody decided to break it. It is not possible to just post a direct link because you are using some weird user ID, account ID, subscriber ID, etc. stuff in the URL.