Koodo Community
Question

Phishing email from Koodo?

• 14 November 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Every once in a while I would receive an email from Koodo that prompts me to log in to my Self Serve account to pay for monthly bill. The interesting thing is that the email is sent to my email address register with Koodo but the email is not sent to my name and has definitely not my monthly payment.

So my question is, is koodobilling@mailing.koodomobile.com a legitimate email address from Koodo and are the links to https://t.mailing.koodomobile.com/r/?id= legitimates? If they are, how can I stop Koodo from sending me these if they are not linked to my account, and if they aren’t, is there some place where I can forward this email to koodo for investigation?  

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That would be the right  email. Could be phished still I suppose.

If it's all wrong, I'm not sure. There should be only one email linked to one account. You can send a private message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter to see if there's an issue they can work out.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Goran

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Never click on a link in an email and then enter login info.

Even if it is a trusted email.  Not worth the risk as you get into the habit of doing this to other less trusted emails

Userlevel 1

That’s correct Dennis, my issue is not to not click on the email, my issue is how to reach out to Koodo. Without a social media account, it proved to be difficult but I was able to get help from the Fraud Management Team at Koodo at 1-866-531-2779. :ok_hand: You can leave a message in the voicemail and someone should call back within 2 days. We will see if it is a problem within their system (2 users with same email address) or a phishing attempt. 

Userlevel 1

I got a call back today.The address might change in the future but if you need to transfer suspicious email you received you can forward them to abuse@telus.com.