Koodo Community

Community

Overage information should be included In self serve plan specs

Userlevel 7
It came to light today that another koodo user( who had a grandfathered plan) had somehow used 120$ in data not realizing how expensive his overage charges might be. Thinking that information must be available in self serve, I logged in and checked and it wasn't there. I asked some of my other MM friends who, like me, are on grandfathered plans, and their information on overages doesn't show either. This information should be included in self serve regardless of whether or not your plan is currently available. If I wanted to switch plans, overage rates are certainly something to compare.

20 replies

Userlevel 6
Looks like they just haven't done the work for those plans. The new plans do have overage for data shown when you roll over the plan.

Userlevel 7
Here is what I see

Userlevel 6
That's what I mean. Yours plan seems to be an older plan. Older than the $60 1GB that is. Maybe they will catch-up with the rest.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The Airtime overage rate has been added but we need the data overage to show as well web guys. Would definitely cut down on ppl asking what their overage rates are on old plans.
Userlevel 5
Yeah it would be nice I have to agree. I have a paper somewhere with mine written on it but I honestly can't remember what the rate is or where I put the paper... not that I ever get close to going over lol.
Userlevel 5
Hey guys, Just wanted to give you an update. We are still in the process of updating in the back-end. I'll change the status once it's completed. Thanks, Sumaya
Userlevel 7
Sumaya K. wrote:

Hey guys, Just wanted to give you an update. We are still in the process of updating in the ba...

Ghengis Kahn! Here I come! Yay!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sumaya K. wrote:

Hey guys, Just wanted to give you an update. We are still in the process of updating in the ba...

Get em boy 🙂 Is this all you need to achieve it?
Userlevel 7
Sumaya K. wrote:

Just two other badges
Userlevel 1
Sumaya K. wrote:

Mr. Chad Burr I am the guy to whom you are refering too in the above regarding the $120.00 Data Overage. My total bill was $190.85 for approx. 10.5G on the $60.00/6G plan. The first time I posted this matter, someone suggested that I should have read my contract. First of all, I cannot read and when my wife read to me, the contract, there was no mention of the OVERAGES. Secondly, my wife was able to find the physical contract copy, yesturday, and assures me again that there is no mention of DATA OVERAGES in the contract, NOR in the HAND WRITTEN NOTATIONS, written by Clair (the male) KOODO SALESPERSON. Given what I have just written and your above conformation that my grandfathered $60.00/6G plan is without overage charges, what course of action do you suggest, that I may receive a credit difference between the 60.00 plus tax and the $190.85 that just paid to Koodo last week?
Userlevel 7
Sumaya K. wrote:

Well first, thanks for calling me out lol It may not specifically mention overages but it should spell out the price of going over 6gb Koodo doesn't offer any plan without overage charges otherwise you'd just be cut off at 6gb. You didn't expect that data to be free did you? There's a limit to the plan at 6gb surely something must happen after 6gb or logically you'd have an unlimited data plan which Koodo doesn't offer. And the only thing I'm confirming is that self serve doesn't properly display overage charges for out of market plans. That doesn't mean the charges don't exist. Perhaps you can scan and attach the contract (after voiding out the personal information) . Maybe changes need to be made to those contracts as well.
Userlevel 6
Sumaya K. wrote:

Stephen.. I'm really curious in nature, and please don't take my question negatively, I really really mean no offense at all, but you really need to make this bit of information somewhat clearer. How can you post on this forum and use it if you admitedly can't read, as mentioned in your previous post? Again, this is out of pure curiosity and nothing else. Looking forward to your answer! (In case anybody finds my question offensive, I'm asking because I personally know a legally-blind person and he doesn't use computers, so I can't ask him).
Userlevel 7
Sumaya K. wrote:

I have a feeling he's sight impaired and uses screen readers.
Userlevel 6
Sumaya K. wrote:

My guess too, but I'm really curious in case he uses a braille device for PCs
Userlevel 1
Sumaya K. wrote:

Hey Chad, honestly I did not mean to call you out. I buy, renovate and re-sell my homes as "rent to owns" which is somewhat a culture contrast to what you do and the, way wider, customer base spectrum that you serve, with style and humor. I did take my contract back to Koodo Kiosk and showed it to the girl. She told me that someone forgot staple the Phone Plan Specs to the 2 page contract that I signed. The Plan Specs she printed off, for me, does have the Data Overage on it, @ .10 a meg. I would have preferred .05 per meg, but if I owned Koodo stock, .20 per meg would be better...lol. I hope you and the other MM's can see those changes through the self serve department, because $190.00 hurts when your starting out on a real tight budget.
Userlevel 7
Sumaya K. wrote:

Lol Stephen, I drive truck (hello from Chicago). I'm a koodo customer just like you. I just enjoy mobile tech and helping people with their phones .koodo has recognized a hand full of us that help out here with the Mobile Masters badge. No offense taken, quite the contrary I took it as humorous. David and I are both Curious about your statement that you don't read. Do you have a sight impediment? Are you using screen readers?
Userlevel 1
Sumaya K. wrote:

Well David I am dyslexic and at 55 I can now read at a grade 4-5 level. When information is read to me I remember it almost per batum. I can read numbers better than letters, but even certain numbers give me problems. I can read music, but not a newspaper....lol
Userlevel 1
Sumaya K. wrote:

Wow! That's awesome Chad. That explains your people person skills. My buddy drives for Gibsons, doing the local Alliston Honda run. He did long laulls to Alabama, until his kids started filling up his house...lol He talked a cop out of giving me a 20 over ticket with 2 minutes to spare before the beer store closed....lol
Userlevel 6
Sumaya K. wrote:

Thanks for the clarification Stephen! It's always interesting to learn about stuff like this! 🙂
Userlevel 1
Sumaya K. wrote:

My wife or daughter reads to me, then sends what I ask, except swear words...lol