Koodo Community
Question

Ordering Internet but....

I’m recently swapping ISP’s so I ordered the 100mbps internet plan from Koodo after speaking to a service rep that was perusing my local grocery store saying that Koodo does internet too now. He supposedly went and did the “Check availability for Internet Plans” when confirming service availability, and it was apparently fine when he put the order through. The whole interaction and service was fine.

However after talking over the plans with my family they had decided they want the gigabit service plan. So I logged on to self serve to go and order the gigabit internet plan, but entering the “Check availability for Internet Plans” said that service isn’t available in my area and now i can’t even log into my self serve on the main site but I can log in with my self serve credentials here?

I tried both Chrome and Firefox and i cleared my cookies. I don’t know what’s going on, maybe i have to restart my router and modem or something but I just want to change my rate plan…

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m not sure it is a wifi issue.  But to check, use your cell phone and try to login to self serve with your cellular data and see if it works.

Then log out and try again while your cellphone is connected to wifi and see if it works.

What are the results?

I'm talking about Home Internet service. Maybe I posted in the wrong section.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I tried both Chrome and Firefox and i cleared my cookies. I don’t know what’s going on, maybe i have to restart my router and modem or something but I just want to change my rate plan…

Yes I am aware you are talking about your home internet service (aka your wifi).  I was meaning that I don’t see how resetting your router will fix your ability to login to self serve.

But... to check, use your cell phone and try to login to self serve with your cellular data and see if it works.

Then log out and try again while your cellphone is connected to wifi and see if it works.

What are the results?

Taking this 1 step further, Koodo does not currently have a method to switch your Home internet service plan.  You will need to cancel and return your equipment and then re sign up for Gigabit service.

Are you noticing service speed issues with your 100mbps service?

I'm able to log in to my koodo account now. I didn't get around to checking via. Cellular data plan. My apologies I didn't read your comment correctly. I have yet to use koodo home internet since my activation date is July 10th.  There's nothing wrong except that my family members want faster internet than what I initally ordered.

Thank you for letting me know that there's no way to switch aside from ordering the new plan and sending back old equipment, but even then, do I just go on self serve and order the 1gb plan? In other words paying for a whole other order on top of what I already ordered?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would wait until the current service is active and try it out. 

If you indeed want to change to the gigabit plan, then go to your subscription tab and cancel. 

It will give you instructions on how to return the equipment. 

Then you can sign up for the gigabit service. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They just released the functionality to change internet plans the other week actually!

You’ll want to login to your self serve, navigate to the subscriptions tab, there should be a button that says manage plan, you’ll select the plan you want to switch to, and follow the steps to complete.

You’ll likely have to wait for your activation date first before it gives you this prompt and it can take 1-2 business days for the speed increase to come into effect.

They just released the functionality to change internet plans the other week actually!

You’ll want to login to your self serve, navigate to the subscriptions tab, there should be a button that says manage plan, you’ll select the plan you want to switch to, and follow the steps to complete.

You’ll likely have to wait for your activation date first before it gives you this prompt and it can take 1-2 business days for the speed increase to come into effect.

Oh this is great news! I guess I'll just have to be a little patient. My Koodo home internet just got activated a few moments ago (just after midnight. July 10th like they mentioned) so I'll be able to test it out.

I have another concern,

Recently Heronet has been joined to Altima Telecom (Rogers backbone lines), My ISP has been with some sort of Rogers backbone for a long time with only a few required technician visits in the distant past to change back between the three major ISP’s.

My modem with Heronet/Altima stopped working on Koodo’s July 10th activation date. When I plugged in Koodo’s provided modem my internet was back up and running which is all fine and dandy. However, when I go to do a speedtest online(ookla) it noticed that my line is still with Altima Telecom, and not Koodo(Telus):

The speed in this screenshot is my old Heronet plan but on the Koodo provided modem post July 10th activation date.

My concern is that when Heronet/Altima service stops by the end of this month(since I cancelled all plans and billing with them), will my internet with Koodo just kick in? I don’t see how you guys can swap backbone lines to Telus without a technician coming in to do it like they used to unless there’s just stuff that I don’t know.

I have family members that do remote work and can’t really afford a random internet outage if we can help it. So if a tech needs to come in and work on the lines or whatever, I’d prefer to have it done sooner than later than find out abruptly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo is a 3rd party seller of Internet it is not their internet infrastructure. This is likely the reason.

But because of this koodo's support for Internet if you do run I to any issues will be very limited, mean any issues that may arise would be very difficult to resolve quickly. Keep that in mind if reliability is a concern. 

Koodo is a 3rd party seller of Internet it is not their internet infrastructure. This is likely the reason.

But because of this koodo's support for Internet if you do run I to any issues will be very limited, mean any issues that may arise would be very difficult to resolve quickly. Keep that in mind if reliability is a concern. 

I know this is the reason but it doesn’t alleviate my concern. How do I know who’s internet I’m on? When the time comes that my Heronet plan concludes will I have Koodo internet service? I don’t care if it’s not their infrastructure or not, will I have internet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If koodo is set up properly, then yes. 

If for some reason the Koodo Internet is not set up properly, then no. And I don't think koodo will k ow either way until you tell them when it's not working