Koodo Community

Order asking for credit card, but it won't accept mine

• 14 April 2021
  • 5 replies

I have a Debit Mastercard which I use for online purchases which the online order tool does not accept. This is my only credit card. I want to upgrade my phone, but this pointless request for a credit card on my $0 order is preventing me from doing so.

How am I supposed to resolve this if I’m not able to get a credit card?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

A valid Canadian-issued credit card from Visa, MasterCard or American Express is required for all purchases.

Unfortunately that doesn't include Mastercard debit or Visa debit.

You can alternatively visit a store if you've got one nearby and pick up a new phone there?

A valid Canadian-issued credit card from Visa, MasterCard or American Express is required for all purchases.

Unfortunately that doesn't include Mastercard debit or Visa debit.

You can alternatively visit a store if you've got one nearby and pick up a new phone there?

We’re on lockdown here, so I’m basically just screwed I guess.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm not entirely up to date on which provinces are on lockdown or not but for Ontario at least under the Ontario provincial order, telecom retailers are able to provide essential services by appointment, and the need for a new phone would fall under that category. I'd phone around tomorrow and make an appointment if you're comfortable with going out.

Telecom provides have been allowed to stay open during lockdowns in most if not all provinces if you don't happen to live in Ontario.

I'm not entirely up to date on which provinces are on lockdown or not but for Ontario at least under the Ontario provincial order, telecom retailers are able to provide essential services by appointment, and the need for a new phone would fall under that category. I'd phone around tomorrow and make an appointment if you're comfortable with going out.

Telecom provides have been allowed to stay open during lockdowns in most if not all provinces if you don't happen to live in Ontario.

I would phone, but my current phone does not have a working microphone to make things even worse. I might just have to bite the bullet and order an unlocked phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would phone, but my current phone does not have a working microphone to make things even worse. I might just have to bite the bullet and order an unlocked phone.

Yea an unlocked phone is another option or if you can text a family member or friend to call to schedule an appointment for you to go that could work as well!