Koodo Community
Solved

Online Order but Shipping to a Different Location

Hi,

I’m looking to place an online order however I’m temporarily staying at a different location from my billing address.  Can a new phone still be shipped to my temporary location in Canada?

Thanks,

Rchan11

icon

Best answer by Dennis 23 June 2021, 02:02

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

For security reasons, it is not permitted to ship to another address. It is to prevent fraud.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi,

I’m looking to place an online order however I’m temporarily staying at a different location from my billing address.  Can a new phone still be shipped to my temporary location in Canada?

Thanks,

Rchan11

I would not suggest having it shipped to a temporary location. You do not know when it would be shipped out, nor will you be able to change it once a shipping label has been created. Do you know if you could have it sent to the address of a trusted friend or family member to pick it up for you?  

Hi,

Thanks,

Rchan11

I would not suggest having it shipped to a temporary location. You do not know when it would be shipped out, nor will you be able to change it once a shipping label has been created. Do you know if you could have it sent to the address of a trusted friend or family member to pick it up for you?  

Hi, I’m currently staying at this temporary location to care for my parents.  My billing address is cared for by a family member but I will not be there.  I can personally sign off on a shipping package at this temporary location.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi, I’m currently staying at this temporary location to care for my parents.  My billing address is cared for by a family member but I will not be there.  I can personally sign off on a shipping package at this temporary location.

The issue is that you will not know when the order will arrive. You may no longer be at the location if it turns out the turnaround time is longer than expected.

It is better for you to have it sent to your current mailing address and notify the family member when you are expecting to receive the order (or even better, provide the tracking number and sign up for text notifications on their behalf to send updates to their number), so they can pick it up for you. 

The temporary location is my brothers house which I will be staying for a few months.  Is it better to update my billing address?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The temporary location is my brothers house which I will be staying for a few months.  Is it better to update my billing address?

You could try that.

Also, did you recently become a Koodo customer? I believe they had some restrictions on new account. They might require a credit using the same address to order to that address. You can test and see if the address change works.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How long have you been a customer?

I say give it a try, but Koodo also matches with your koodo billing address as a check. I believe that older accounts have more flexibility. But don't be surprised if your order gets canceled. 

It's also a flag if you change address right before ordering a new phone 

I've been a customer for at least 5 years

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I've been a customer for at least 5 years

I say give it a try. But don't be surprised if it doesn't work 

Thanks all, I got on a call with a web rep and I had to update my billing address and then order online.

Once I've received my phone I can switch it back. Appreciate the feedback from this community.