Koodo Community
Question

Number Porting

• 4 September 2019
  • 8 replies

So long story short, im moving from videotron to koodo and i want to port my number since iv'e had it for many years, and i didn't realize that my bill for next month (videotron) is in like 9 days and i just bought the plan so i was wondering if there was a way to port a number before the sim arrives (in case C.P. doesn't bring it in time) (also because it doesn't appear in my account yet) or do i just have to wait.

thnx in advance

-imz_da_cat

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can't set up your self serve account until your sim comes if your setting up a new account so no you'll have to wait if you didn't sign up in store and you could have ported right there.
When you receive an email about your account then you can set up your self serve account or it will not work and you'll have to contact Koodo to reset it
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi
Have you received an activation email from Koodo and did you have access to Koodo selfserve?

You need to access to selfserve and you Koodo account must be activated first before you can port your Videotron number into Koodo.
@Dinh i didn't receive an activation email but yes i do have access to selfserve since another family member is already a customer and i signed up with them
@Paul Deschamps but paul, what if i already have a self serve account?
Userlevel 5
Videotron will refund you for unused days when you port out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Dinh i didn't receive an activation email but yes i do have access to selfserve since another family member is already a customer and i signed up with them

Did you see your new account number with that selfserve? If you can see it, then you can port. If not, you have to wait.
@Dinh i have not received it. Do i receive it when i get the tracking number?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Dinh i have not received it. Do i receive it when i get the tracking number?

Yeah, "normally" you get the activation around that time...