Koodo Community
Solved

Not Receiving SMS Texts, but Phone Number Works

• 9 May 2019
  • 8 replies

I switched over to Koodo with a new SIM card, and the phone number works, but SMS messages cannot be sent or received.

Also, the Self Serve website doesn't show up correctly (only a blue colored bar) to complete the number port.
icon

Best answer by Mats 9 May 2019, 01:40

can login to self service, but if I select any of the menu options, they go to the 'blue bar' page, with nothing on it. Tried multiple browsers.
This usually means you're trying to log in to an old closed account. If you used the same email address to sign up with as you did in the past, you'll have to contact Koodo to fix.

Have you gone through the process to actually port your number? If you have and it's having issues you can call 1(844)-232-7678 to ask about it.

Or are you just trying to check the number compatibility?
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When you log out and then back into self sevre, does it show the new number?

Also try restarting your phone
Tried both. No joy.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So you were able to log into self serve to port your number over, but you can't log into self serve anymore?
I can login to self service, but if I select any of the menu options, they go to the 'blue bar' page, with nothing on it. Tried multiple browsers. Another part of the Koodo website where I can enter my number to check number compatibility says my number is in the process of being ported. I want to be able to check the status, but self-service doesn't work so that I may check status.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When did your port your number and from where?
I placed the SIM card into my phone at 9pm on Tues May 7 (yesterday). I can make calls no problem. Beyond inserting the SIM card, I haven't completed any action to port the number.
Badge +4
can login to self service, but if I select any of the menu options, they go to the 'blue bar' page, with nothing on it. Tried multiple browsers.
This usually means you're trying to log in to an old closed account. If you used the same email address to sign up with as you did in the past, you'll have to contact Koodo to fix.

Have you gone through the process to actually port your number? If you have and it's having issues you can call 1(844)-232-7678 to ask about it.

Or are you just trying to check the number compatibility?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I placed the SIM card into my phone at 9pm on Tues May 7 (yesterday). I can make calls no problem. Beyond inserting the SIM card, I haven't completed any action to port the number.
Are you making calls with the new koodo number or your ported number?
Is the phone a new koodo phone?