Koodo Community
Question

Not eligible for an upgrade?

• 5 September 2020
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I recently decided that I wanted to upgrade my phone (Google pixel 3XL) that I have had for a little over a year. I saw that I had $70 left to pay on my tab, so this morning I selected that I would pay it off in the next bill and now I have 0$ remaining on my tab. I went to go buy the phone I chose through the website and a prompt popped up saying "bit of bad news. Based on your profile you're not eligible for an upgrade.pls visit a koodo store". 

What could be the reason for this? 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

According to previous discussions, it is possible that the issue is your tab bonus which is set to null after 24 months. If you repay your tab before the end of the 24 month period, you may have to repay a portion of the tab bonus. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have the same issue of needing to go to a shop, but in my case it's due to an unauthorized port-out recently that was reversed. It gives me the message before the tab payout screen though. 

I would contact customer support to have someone review the account information for you. 

I have the same problem. My son broke his phone so needed a replacement fast. Went online, tried to order a new phone, was told I needed to pay-off the outstanding tab. Paid the tab balance, tried to order the phone, 20 times, but got the message “Bit of bad news, according to your profile you are not entitled to an upgrade at this time”  Tried calling Koodo cust service 40 times but always busy signal.  

Koodo do not want their customers to stay with them.   They prefer that customers get so frustrated that they are forced to switch to their parent company Tellus.  Wish they would just own-up and “Tell- Us” that this is their strategy, since they bought-out Public Mobile and promised the CRTC that they would continue business as before.  BS on their part, but the CRTC believed them!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have the same problem. My son broke his phone so needed a replacement fast. Went online, tried to order a new phone, was told I needed to pay-off the outstanding tab. Paid the tab balance, tried to order the phone, 20 times, but got the message “Bit of bad news, according to your profile you are not entitled to an upgrade at this time”  Tried calling Koodo cust service 40 times but always busy signal.  

Koodo do not want their customers to stay with them.   They prefer that customers get so frustrated that they are forced to switch to their parent company Tellus.  Wish they would just own-up and “Tell- Us” that this is their strategy, since they bought-out Public Mobile and promised the CRTC that they would continue business as before.  BS on their part, but the CRTC believed them!!!

Are you a newer customer?  When did you get your phone on tab previously?

Been a Koodo customer for my son for 13 months. Got phone on tab then. Paid outstanding tab online today, bet still refused a new phone online. All paid-up, with no credit issues or delinquency.

My wife and I have been loyal Tellus cutomers for 8 years. No problems with Tellus, but with all this torture by Koodo, we’re thinking of moving all three accounts to Bell.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Been a Koodo customer for my son for 13 months. Got phone on tab then. Paid outstanding tab online today, bet still refused a new phone online. All paid-up, with no credit issues or delinquency.

My wife and I have been loyal Tellus cutomers for 8 years. No problems with Tellus, but with all this torture by Koodo, we’re thinking of moving all three accounts to Bell.

Ok.  So based on the info you have given, it does sound like you should be able to get a phone on tab.  I recommend sending Koodo a private message via facebook or twitter.