Koodo Community

No email after plan upgrade

• 25 August 2020
  • 13 replies

I just added a tablet and upgraded the three other plans on my account. Now none of us get email on the phone. What happened?

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you mean you didn’t get a confirmation email about the plan changes or that you can just no longer receive emails in general on your phones now?

We no longer receive email on our three phones through Koodo. We do over wifi.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We no longer receive email on our three phones through Koodo. We do over wifi.

Are you able to browse the internet when not connected to Wi-Fi? 

Yes, internet browsing is fine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried removing and reading your email accounts? Thats super odd that all three would stop just emails. What email service are you using? Is it through an app?

I haven’t tried removing and reinstalling the email accounts. We are all using Outlook for Android on Samsung phones. Two S8s and an S6. All 3 accounts were upgraded at the same time when I added a tablet account.

This is why I am here :-) Yes, this is fairly strange. I am fairly competent when it comes to electronics, software and apps. This has me baffled.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you haven't touched any settings on the phone and upgraded your plan, the issue could be from the email. I would suggest you go into accounts and check if Outlook requires re-enter the password or reauthorize the app to sync with its server. 

Also, could you go to cellular data usage section and see if you accidentally blocked cellular data for the outlook app? It could be one of the reason as you mentioned it worked on wifi but not cellular data. 

Thanks for the suggestions.

Outlook works fine on wifi, just not on Koodo. Outlook is not asking for a new password?

I wouldn’t have blocked cellular data on 3 phones,?

Everything worked fine and nothing was changed until 3 days ago when the plans were upgraded?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the suggestions.

Outlook works fine on wifi, just not on Koodo. Outlook is not asking for a new password?

I wouldn’t have blocked cellular data on 3 phones,?

Everything worked fine and nothing was changed until 3 days ago when the plans were upgraded?

Did you check specific data permissions in your settings for the Outlook app? It really does sound like cellular and background data are restricted for some reason. 

I did check data permissions and everything was set properly.

I just deleted Outlook for Android, restarted the phone, installed Outlook for Android, added my email accounts and everything seems to be working. Still strange to me!?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I did check data permissions and everything was set properly.

I just deleted Outlook for Android, restarted the phone, installed Outlook for Android, added my email accounts and everything seems to be working. Still strange to me!?

Hahaha technology is a mysterious thing. Sometimes stuff just glitches out in the weirdest ways.

Glad you got it all fixed though!

Thanks Allan, Philosoraptor and Dinh for your valuable time and comments.