Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Nexus 4 activation

Hi i bought a nexus 4 phone through best buy from Koodo for my wife for Christmas.The box is sealed so I'm wondering if there is a sim card in their or do I have 2 take it back 2 the store 2 activate.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi Mike, It seems like it is not activated yet. Is it a Prepaid?
No I paid the 300 for the phone and he let me take it unactivated because I wanted to wait till Christmas.was hoping icould activate online
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mike holmes wrote:

No I paid the 300 for the phone and he let me take it unactivated because I wanted to wait till C...

They technically are not suppose to sell you a phone if you do not have a Koodo account. All postpaid Koodo phones comes with a free monthly plan SIM card.
Userlevel 7
mike holmes wrote:

No I paid the 300 for the phone and he let me take it unactivated because I wanted to wait till C...

He might actually have had the account started but he just paid for the phone upfront... I know Best Buy has some wiggle room with the carriers for pricing/activations but this seems a little odd.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There should be a sim card in the box, but it's impossible to know for sure without unsealing it. #schroedingerscat
If that sim is in their is it possible to activate and pick the plan online or am I better to go back to the store?thanks for your help
Userlevel 6
Sim cards dont usually go inside the box anymore (other than the prepacked prepaid phones with sim inside). But I recommend keeping your receipt and if it is not inside you can come back to that store and request a sim card. It depends if your wife already has an account with Koodo. If not, its best to go to a store or a Koodo store to activate.
Userlevel 7
Just because the rep and/or you never opened the box or inserted the SIM card and you paid full price doesn't mean the account/SIM was never actually activated... Did you initial and sign a customer service agreement when you bought the phone?
Userlevel 2
Jonathan I wrote:

Just because the rep and/or you never opened the box or inserted the SIM card and you paid full p...

If the sim card was inside the box, how would the account be activated then?
Just take it to a koodo store and have it activated then there's no worries on Christmas day. She can start enjoy the phone right away. I love my Nexus 4