Koodo Community
Solved

New Post Paid or Monthly connection

Hello,

I have just got my Koodo sim from best buy, I would like to go with a new koodo postpaid connection. Would like to understand how do I active my SIM for the Monthly post paid connection.

Regards,

Narayanan

icon

Best answer by Dinh 30 June 2020, 20:40

For postpaid, if you activate online, they will send you a SIM card for you to use. You could choose here https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans

Their automatic system doesn’t allow you to use an existing SIM to activate a new account. You could however, contact them and ask a rep to do it, but then they would charge you connection fee (which is similar to Bestbuy instore activation).

If you are looking for a prepaid account, you must have a prepaid SIM first. After that you can activate via their prepaid activation server. I think bestbuy  or any Koodo kiosk might have prepaid sim. You could also try to order a prepaid SIM from Amazon via this link or ebay.ca

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you buy a prepaid SIM card? By the sounds of it, it looks like that’s what you did.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you buy a prepaid SIM card? By the sounds of it, it looks like that’s what you did.

Didn’t Best buy make you sign up with a monthly postpaid plan before giving you a sim?

AT Best Buy I had asked for the Koodo Post paid connection, the person mentioned that if they activate at Best buy they charge $40 and the suggestion was to enable through online.

SIM card does not call out whether it is Post paid or Pre-paid, However I want the Post Paid / Monthly connection, any suggestion how to enable post paid connection. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

AT Best Buy I had asked for the Koodo Post paid connection, the person mentioned that if they activate at Best buy they charge $40 and the suggestion was to enable through online.

SIM card does not call out whether it is Post paid or Pre-paid, However I want the Post Paid / Monthly connection, any suggestion how to enable post paid connection. 

You can order a Plan on Koodo’s website.

https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Plans

Koodo will send you a sim card that will activate based on the estimated delivery day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m pretty sure it’s the prepaid card that you have purchased. I’m not sure how you would go to activate a postpaid once you bought it. Is there a number to call in order to activate the SIM card? There’s definitely no option to activate an already bought SIM card online. Only, like Dennis said, buy a new one that will be shipped. 

Thanks for the responses and appreciate the inputs. I tried registering the SIM card through Self serve assuming it is Prepaid SIM, however when I register it give me an error stating invalid Prepaid SIM number. Hence I believe this is post paid let me try and reach out to Koodo they do have a number to reach as well let me check. Infact if I reorder it takes a longer time to get delivered these days. Incase anyone has any suggestion or inputs may kindly share.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

For postpaid, if you activate online, they will send you a SIM card for you to use. You could choose here https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans

Their automatic system doesn’t allow you to use an existing SIM to activate a new account. You could however, contact them and ask a rep to do it, but then they would charge you connection fee (which is similar to Bestbuy instore activation).

If you are looking for a prepaid account, you must have a prepaid SIM first. After that you can activate via their prepaid activation server. I think bestbuy  or any Koodo kiosk might have prepaid sim. You could also try to order a prepaid SIM from Amazon via this link or ebay.ca

Thanks for the Clarity this input definitely helps. Incase I am able to activate my current Koodo SIM will share across my experience.