Koodo Community
Solved

New Customer

• 23 December 2020
  • 35 replies

Hi,

I’m a new customer trying to order online but need some clarity.

Bringing 2 devices - both compatible and unlocked,

I seem to be able to order one sim card but can’t order  second.  When I attempt to do so it says I’ve already added it to my cart.

Do I wait for the first sim card and activate it and then manage a second line through self serve? Doesn’t seem efficient.

Additionally, would like to port my existing numbers. Do I do that when I when my new sim card arrives?

icon

Best answer by Bernard Koodo 24 December 2020, 01:20

@booch I see you partner’s order in our system already.  I only see one order under your last name so I assume you when went ahead ordering one and you order the second after.  When the SIM is delivered and the line becomes active you will be able to add yourself to her account no problem.  Let us know what the order number is you get and we will make sure it goes through without a hitch. The good thing is that ordering online saved you $45X2, the fee typically charged at stores. Not that it would be easy to get to them right now. :-(  

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

35 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

For some reason you can't initially open multiple lines on the same account online. I'd wait to port until after you're setup with Koodo unless you physically go in to port. You could open two accounts and merge online after 90 days.

For some reason you can't initially open multiple lines on the same account online. I'd wait to port until after you're setup with Koodo unless you physically go in to port. You could open two accounts and merge online after 90 days.

Thanks for your help. Unfortunate but I guess if that’s my only recourse so be it. Am I correct in assuming that my new sim card will have a “temporary” phone number attached to it which is replaced upon successful completion of the porting process?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@booch @Goran  Online purchases are more exposed to fraudulent activities and in order to protect ourselves from bad debt,  this is one of the unfortunate side effects. 

You are correct in saying that a temp number is assigned until you successfully port in your own number.  

@booch @Goran  Online purchases are more exposed to fraudulent activities and in order to protect ourselves from bad debt,  this is one of the unfortunate side effects. 

You are correct in saying that a temp number is assigned until you successfully port in your own number.  

Thank you Bernard so was Goran correct that I can open two accounts and merge them later? This would help me avoid unwarranted delays in transferring my service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@booch Yes.

Or you can wait for the first SIM to arrive and and add-a-line to the, now existing account. Opening 2 separate lines would have to be done by 2 people, so each would have to go through a credit check.

Ah perfect. I think I’ll do that. Thanks for your reply. I’m not worried so much about a credit check as I am about getting my new service up and running as efficiently as possible,

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you trying to open 2 lines?  If so do not do it online.  I would just go instore and they can sign you up for 2 lines on 1 account.  It is much less headache.  

Merging also carries costs.  If 2 people sign up and then you merge the 2 lines it would be consider a transfer of ownership which carries a service fee of $40

koodomobile.com/en/contact-us

If you sign up with 1 line, you will need to wait 90 days before you can add another line.

I highly advise going in store to do it and then you dont have anything to worry about.

Are you trying to open 2 lines?  If so do not do it online.

I appreciate your input but it doesn’t tell me much. Why shouldn’t I? thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you trying to open 2 lines?  If so do not do it online.

I appreciate your input but it doesn’t tell me much. Why shouldn’t I? thanks

Sorry I got too excited.  I have added more details to my post now above

Ugh! Based on the previous responses I went ahead and placed an order for a new sim with the intent to add a line when the account is created per @Bernard Koodo .  But now you’re suggesting that it takes 90 days to add a line to an account...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ugh! Based on the previous responses I went ahead and placed an order for a new sim with the intent to add a line when the account is created per @Bernard Koodo .  But now you’re suggesting that it takes 90 days to add a line to an account...

Contact the webstore to cancel your order

koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com

What is your order number @booch ?

Or maybe @Bernard Koodo can cancel for you?

Ive also flagged this to a rep.  Hopefully someone sees it so they can cancel for you so you can go in store

@Dennis @Bernard Koodo 

If you’re reading this @Bernard Koodo I’d appreciate your thoughts. If what @Dennis  stated is correct regarding the 90 days waiting period, it’s a huge omission and it makes me wonder if I should just cancel everything and move to anther provider altogether.

@Dennis Now I’m getting frustrated. You added content to your previous response which  I do not approve of. I do not consent to having someone cancel my order without my explicit instructions to do so. I’ll be happy to see what @Bernard Koodo has to say and then I will cancel if necessary myself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Dennis Now I’m getting frustrated. You added content to your previous response which  I do not approve of. I do not consent to having someone cancel my order without my explicit instructions to do so. I’ll be happy to see what @Bernard Koodo has to say and then I will cancel if necessary myself.

Koodo wont cancel without your say so.  I was just getting a jump on things.  A rep who sees this would confirm with you and your order before doing anything.  Im a customer just like you so I hold no power or access.  Koodo will do their due diligence before anything is done.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@booch I see you partner’s order in our system already.  I only see one order under your last name so I assume you when went ahead ordering one and you order the second after.  When the SIM is delivered and the line becomes active you will be able to add yourself to her account no problem.  Let us know what the order number is you get and we will make sure it goes through without a hitch. The good thing is that ordering online saved you $45X2, the fee typically charged at stores. Not that it would be easy to get to them right now. :-(  

@Bernard Koodo Thank you very much for clearing up the air! I am  happy. I’d love to provide my order number. Where should I post it? Here? Thanks again for getting back to me. I appreciate it very much.

@Bernard Koodo and yes that is my wife’s account she set up this afternoon after we chatted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@booch I have your wife’s order number, so won’t need that. When you get the SIM , the account is active and your ordered the second SIM there will be an order number generated for that. That’s the one you could post here. And we will look out for it.  

@Bernard Koodo Excellent! Will do! Thanks again for all you help.

@Bernard Koodo 

I need some guidance based on our previous chat. Yesterday I successfully activated my wife’s phone and ported her number from her previous provider. 

I would now like to order a plan (keeping my existing phone) and add myself to her account. 

What are the exact steps to do that? Do I order the plan under her account? I tried searching online but couldn’t find a way to order a new plan which will then be linked to my phone. (PS I also want to port out my existing number).

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@booch “Happy” new year! Indeed the next step would be to log in under her account. Click the ‘shop’ button on top then the Bring your own phone” in the dropdown. You should see something like this coming up with your wife’s name and number:

Click the add a new line button and follow the steps.  It will take to  our SIM card page. Scroll down and added to your cart. Should be easy from then on. Once you get an order number pls come back here and share it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@booch “Happy” new year! Indeed the next step would be to log in under her account. Click the ‘shop’ button on top then the Bring your own phone” in the dropdown. You should see something like this coming up with your wife’s name and number:

Click the add a new line button and follow the steps.  It will take to  our SIM card page. Scroll down and added to your cart. Should be easy from then on. Once you get an order number pls come back here and share it. 

@Bernard Koodo i think OP is asking how they can merge his account into his wife’s account.

@Bernard Koodo Hi Bernard, Happy New Year to you too! I attempted to add a line per your directions but there is no option to add a new line. It states not available for upgrades.  Can you please advise?

@Bernard Koodo It also says that my order would need to be  processed in a store which you had confirmed for me would not be necessary. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@booch  We will have to call you to help you through the process.  We tried to reach you on your wife’s number today. What is a better time to get in touch to ensure your order can be placed?