Koodo Community

Community

Solved

need help activating a new phone/sim on my existing account

I bought an acer z220 from 7-11 to replace the phone I broke last week, to ride out the next year and a bit of my plan (it was cheaper than fixing my nexus 5) and would like to use it with my account, but the change phone option isn't working on the self serve section of the website, how do I use my current plan with a new phone?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What do you mean "change phone option isn't working"? What error message do you get?
it says the sim isn't valid, but it's on the sim card and I bought the phone legit, so something's not working.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Troy Dunham wrote:

it says the sim isn't valid, but it's on the sim card and I bought the phone legit, so something'...

There are postpaid(monthly) SIM card and prepaid SIM card. Do you have a correct one? Or I entered wrong number before, so make sure you enter correct number. BTW, if your new phone use same size SIM card you just take a SIM card from old phone and put it into new phone.
Userlevel 7
Troy Dunham wrote:

it says the sim isn't valid, but it's on the sim card and I bought the phone legit, so something'...

All you need to do is put your existing sim into the new phone. The 7/11 phone may also need to be Unlocked (you'd need to contact 7/11 for that)