Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Name Display Caller ID

How can I change the name that comes up when I call someone who does not have me as a contact on their mobile, or a landline?

Instead of my name, I'd like it to just show my phone number. I do not want to have my number blocked, or private.

I find the self serve account annoying, it switches back and forth between the classic version and new version, making it hard to find all the options users can modify.

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Brian, Unfortunately I'm not sure you can change that option unless you change the name the account is under. The whole point of that system is to know who is calling you. So going against it won't work
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It is my understanding that koodo does not actually send name display data at this time. This means that, unless the person you are calling has you saved in their contacts, or their phone has a built in whitepages lookup (like certain Samsung phones do), only your number will be displayed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

It is my understanding that koodo does not actually send name display data at this time. This mea...

Furthermore, if different suppliers (such as Samsung) use different 'white pages' suppliers, the information on the screen may differ depending who you call. There was a discussion a while ago about a user who was finding the name display was not his information, but possible the previous user of the number!

Then maybe i should go to another Service Provider for my Business. Now I'm using my personal number for Business.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Peter Hall wrote:

Then maybe i should go to another Service Provider for my Business. Now I'm using my personal num...

If you require name display for your business, koodo doesnt offer this, but Rogers/Telus does.  They also do business accounts.
Userlevel 5
Peter Hall wrote:

Then maybe i should go to another Service Provider for my Business. Now I'm using my personal num...

I don't have any personal experience with the feature on Rogers or Telus, but I do have a Fido line for my mother, but the line is in my name (and I pay it).  Until about maybe 6 months or so ago it would send my name as outbound caller ID name, but then Fido introduced a feature where you can change it yourself in your self-serve account.  Easy, peasy.  It now send my mother's name instead.  
Userlevel 5
Peter Hall wrote:

Koodo should introduce a feature like this via self-serve.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Peter Hall wrote:

Post it as an idea
Peter Hall wrote:

@srlawren so you can enter any text and that is what will show as the outbound caller ID name? For sure something I would vote up as an idea.
Userlevel 5
Peter Hall wrote:

it's posted, just vote it up to show Koodo there's a demande for a feature like this
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Peter Hall wrote:

Ah you found it!  Link?
Userlevel 5
Peter Hall wrote:

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/name-on-caller-id
Peter Hall wrote:

Done, although Bernards post doesn't make it look promising.
Userlevel 5
Peter Hall wrote:

@Mats yes it would appear so, it's free-text for the first and last name fields:

Clicking on the circled "i" shows the only disclaimers as:

Userlevel 5
Peter Hall wrote:

@Mats yes it would appear so, it's free-text for the first and last name fields:

Clicking on the circled "i" shows the only disclaimers as:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Peter Hall wrote:

Oh boy, you could have some fun with that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Peter Hall wrote:

I read somewhere, only rogers/fido had it in Canada. They mentioned about a non-standard thing that Rogers/Fido had implemented. I am not sure about US market, can people change their name display there?

Koodo properly had many other issue/improvement that had higher priority than this. I would wait for them to implement it on Telus first and later for Koodo.
Userlevel 5
BM the default with Koodo is your cell number only as Timo mentioned.