Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My nexus 4 won't connect to wifi

7 replies

Userlevel 6
What version are you using? Settings--> About phone--> Android Version Are you using a custom ROM? Is it a public Wi-Fi network or your own with a password at home?
I'm using the 4.2.2 I just got it like three days ago so I think it's just the manufactured version? And is my own wifi with a password
Userlevel 6
So what happens when you try to connect? Are you finding the wifi network? Consumer model routers can usually only handle so many devices, so if there are multiple other phones, tablets or computers already connected you could try disconnecting them. Also try unplugging the router and plugging it back in. If all else fails you can try connecting to another wifi router to test. (Like at a cafe or something.)
Ill try those things for sure 🙂 thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also go to settings - about phone - check for updates there is a newer version of Android available now 4.3 this is once you get wifi working as the update is just over 300mb in size. If the other suggestions don't work which unplugging your router for a minute or so usually does the trick. Then make sure your wifi frequency band is set to auto in your phones wifi settings under advanced settings.
umm mine works fine on home wifi and other wifi private but at mcdonalds walmart etc it wont connect.  :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Victor Hotte wrote:

umm mine works fine on home wifi and other wifi private but at mcdonalds walmart etc it wont conn...

Victor when you try to connect to public wifi make sure you open a browser and accept the terms of using that places wifi, if you don't do that it won't connect. The places page will automatically load it's self as soon as you open your browser in most cases.