Koodo Community

*My new Koodo Account is suspended, asked me to provide 2 piece of IDs to email*

Dear Gurus,

My phone and service is not working which i brought last week, Koodo suspended account when i called Koodo asked me to send 2 piece of ids which i i did (DL, Passport, Bank Statement) last night. I called Koodo today noon but Koodo doesn't have control on their Fraud team and they don't have a phone number to contact internally. They asked me to wait and see.

1. How long Fraud dept take to validate my documents which i sent to them via email?
  2. Should i go to the store and return the phone and sim, in case if it takes until mid of next week ?
Please advise...

17 replies

Don't know how long the fraud team takes but it's not quick I've heard. Mid next week it might not be done.

If you returned it you'd get your money back but I don't know about your number if you want it. I don't think you can port from an account that's suspended to another provider.
Thanks @Mats. That's bad. We can't talk to them and we don't know how long exactly it takes. I brought phone and sim from wow on a boxing day morning 26th Dec, if it's too much trouble i am really thinking to use 15 days return policy to return it. I don't need the number. I sent DL, Canadian Passport and a recent Bank Statement which has same addres as in my koodo account to their email id on Jan3rd 11 PM. if it takes until 8th, hmm. I dont know. I must return before 9th Jan as it reaches 15 days.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
avenumbaka5 wrote:

Thanks @Mats. That's bad. We can't talk to them and we don't know how long exactly it takes. I brought phone and sim from wow on a boxing day morning 26th Dec, if it's too much trouble i am really thinking to use 15 days return policy to return it. I don't need the number. I sent DL, Canadian Passport and a recent Bank Statement which has same addres as in my koodo account to their email id on Jan3rd 11 PM. if it takes until 8th, hmm. I dont know. I must return before 9th Jan as it reaches 15 days.

I agree with Mats. Once you have to deal with the fraud team, I would just return everything and go with another provider
Dennis wrote:

avenumbaka5 wrote:

I agree with Mats. Once you have to deal with the fraud team, I would just return everything and go with another provider

Okay, i will see couple of days or else i will return it back next week. Thanks again.
As the line are suspended and i sent requested documents to koodo, if i want to return the phones and sim cards at wow. Should i tell the same thing to them or else just tell them that you don't like the phone or some x reason. ??
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
avenumbaka5 wrote:

As the line are suspended and i sent requested documents to koodo, if i want to return the phones and sim cards at wow. Should i tell the same thing to them or else just tell them that you don't like the phone or some x reason. ??

Just tell them it is within the 15 day return period and that you want to return everything. You do not need to give them a reason
avenumbaka5 wrote:

I would tell them because it's taking too long and you can't get an answer on how long it will be or the reason for it. Also make sure to factory reset the phone before you return it( so they can't track the usage of it) and you'll get your 1st bill waived too maybe. Depends on how in depth they will look into your account though.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/returning-or-exchanging-your-koodo-phone
Hello,

Koodo customer service told me that fraud dept reviewed my documents and everything looks good. I got self service access and I am able to use Koodo sim on my phone but here is the problem.

i am still seeing my phone IMEI is in blacklist and I can’t able to use any other network on my phone such as freedom, fizz etc.

what to do ?? Please advise
avenumbaka5 wrote:

Hello,

Koodo customer service told me that fraud dept reviewed my documents and everything looks good. I got self service access and I am able to use Koodo sim on my phone but here is the problem.

i am still seeing my phone IMEI is in blacklist and I can’t able to use any other network on my phone such as freedom, fizz etc.

If your Koodo sim works, why are you trying to connect to another network such as Freedom or Fizz?
Mats wrote:

avenumbaka5 wrote:

Hello,

If your Koodo sim works why are you trying to connect to another network such as Freedom or Fizz?

I Have 500MB in Koodo and 10 GB in FreedomMobile. So when I go out I use mostly freedom. But phone should work as it’s unlocked. Koodo also confirmed its an unlocked device. Who did that black list thing ? Fraud department? It’s really killing. Please advise how to remove it from black list
Just to confirm what you're saying, your phone won't connect to Freedom when it has the Freedom sim card in it?
Mats wrote:

Just to confirm what you're saying, your phone won't connect to Freedom when it has the Freedom sim card in it?

Thats correct Matt. My phone is working fine with Koodo sim but not working with Freedom, FIZZ or any other different network. I am seeing my phone IMEI in black list. What to do now ? Koodo is saying everything is good from their side and did confirmed Fraud department says they received what they need.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When did you receive the notice from Koodo? it might take a while for the blacklisted IMEI to be refreshed. As your phone has been working with Koodo, it could be some delay of the national blacklist database.
avenumbaka5 wrote:

Mats wrote:

Thats correct Matt. My phone is working fine with Koodo sim but not working with Freedom, FIZZ or any other different network. I am seeing my phone IMEI in black list. What to do now ? Koodo is saying everything is good from their side and did confirmed Fraud department says they received what they need.

How many carriers do you have an account with? The only network you should be trying to connect to is the one that is with the sim card that's in your phone. Are you trying to connect to Freedom/Fizz or any other network with a Koodo sim card in your phone?

Where did you get the phone from? Whoever blacklisted it is who you have to contact to get them to remove it from the list.
Forget about networks. My family uses different networks based on their data needs. I got the sealed phone from wow mobile. I don’t know who put it on black list. I asked Koodo representative they have no idea. I can return it as a last option. You tell me whom to contact to remove it from black list as I’m the owner.
If the phone is brand new from Wow with a Koodo plan, I imagine that Koodo blacklisted it for some reason since they also suspended your account and sent it to the fraud division. Since that is straightened out now and your Koodo sim works, it could be as Dinh said, that the blacklist has to be updated. No idea how long that takes to happen. If it continues you'll have to contact Koodo/fraud department and ask what they've done.