Koodo Community
Question

My address was entered incorrectly last night by a Koodoo Rep

• 22 November 2022
  • 18 replies

Yesterday, November 20. I set up a new account with Koodoo. Today I went in to a store to get a new phone. After not passing a credit check, I panicked and suspected credit fraud. 

I’ve come to find out that the Koodoo Rep from yesterday entered my address wrong, so they were preforming a credit check on the wrong person. I go to change my address and “Success!” comes up. Only to find out that the address will not change no matter what. 

It seems pretty bizarre that I have to wait 2 days for a callback when I’m going back to work very soon. Is there anything else I can do?

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried clearing your browser’s cookies?

Try clearing your browser’s cookies. If the problem persists, we can flag a rep to help you with this.

I cleared my cookies, and then tried again. I’m still not seeing any changes after seeing “Success”. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm not sure what you were trying here.

You said " Yesterday, November 20. I set up a new account with Koodoo. Today I went in to a store to get a new phone."

So Nov 20th, did you call in to sign up ? But didn't order a phone. (Sign up as BYOD).  Then you went to a store today  to buy a phone even tho you sign up as BYOD yesterday?

Sorry I couldn't understand what is going on ...so I had to ask.

Yesterday, I transferred my number from an existing account in to my own private account. When setting up my own private account, I gave the Koodoo Representative my information. The koodoo rep entered my address wrong. 

Today, I went in to the store to trade in my current phone, for a new one. That’s when I discovered that my address information was entered wrong. 

I am now trying to change my address. When I am entering the correct information, the address stays the incorrect address. Even after a “success” message shows up. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok, you set up youw private account by a rep last night. At that time, the rep enter your address wrong...  Was it over the phone or at a store?

And today at the store, the store rep told you to change your address through self serve? I'll m wondering if the store rep can do it with your ID on the spot...

It was over the phone where the rep set it up wrong. 

At the store, I was unaware that my address was wrong. The rep at the store did not notice it as well when doing a credit check. 

I am unable to go to any store over the next week as I will be working. I’m hoping for a rep online to fix this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As you mentioned they did a credit check on the wrong person, I suggest you cancel that account when you got the call back from them.

In the mean time, you could create your own account with the correct name and address of your own. I think it is a better choice as you would be considered a new activation and got better deals.

My current account has my current phone number. I cannot just cancel my account. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My current account has my current phone number. I cannot just cancel my account. 

You opened your account yesterday? I assumed that number was new? Unless you already ported your number from somewhere else into Koodo?

In any case, using another person profile might trigger Koodo anti fraud system. I suggest you cancel that as soon as you could. You could port your number elsewhere to cancel it also.

I don't think a rep can switch your name and address into the current profile. 

Ok so here’s the story:

My account was created yesterday. I was on a different with another person. We preformed an account transfer, we wanted to have our own accounts.

The account transfer worked, my current phone number is no longer with the original account. I am the sole person with my current phone number on this account I am using. 

When the account transfer was happening, I had to confirm my address/personal information, as this was a new account I was setting up under the same phone number. The Koodoo rep entered my address wrong. 

I’ve tried and tried to enter my right address under the self service, but it keeps going back to the incorrect address. A “Success!” Message shows up, but the address remains the same. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I could be mistaken, but this sounds like a transfer of ownership (or TOWN). The link below outlines what happens during a transfer of ownership. Can you confirm this was the method used?

Transfer of Ownership (TOWN)

Yes that is correct. We did preform a transfer of ownership.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you are unsuccessfully trying to change your address, it may be too soon after you created your account, or just a glitchy koodo system. 

Let me flag a rep for you to help with your address change

Ok thank very much

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes that is correct. We did preform a transfer of ownership.

Thank you for the confirmation. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @mskinner322! We’ve just sent you a message in private, feel free to get back to us anytime. 

I have the same issue as well and tried to schedule a callback but has not received any calls and it’s been 1.5 hours from the time I scheduled,  even though I received a text saying the call is coming.  I also tried to reach out to a Koodo rep via social media but no hope.

I, too, am dealing with a similar address issue. 😥

See my thread in: