Koodo Community

My account has been hacked and i cannot get through to anyone.

I tried logging in online to koodoo and it’s saying I cannot because my account is linked with another email and they need permission from the owner. IM THE OWNER! I have been with koodoo for several years and I have had the same email address for several years. Koodoo virtual assistant cannot help, there’s no one answering phones right now. I can’t even cancel my account or pay my bill. Someone please help!!!

Ranjan Koodo 4 months ago

@Brittany Cook - Thanks for clarifying.
So here’s what has happened:

1. Your original line (ending in 5829, as you confirmed) was activated back in 2016. That line is still active, but you never set up a self serve account for it. The email address that you shared above was linked to that account, but because you never completed the set-up for self serve, the status has remained pending
  2. The new phone that you got last month (ending in 0525), was activated on it’s own account (the two phone lines are not linked, so will generate two separate bills and charges). What I tried to explain above was that I released your email address from the ‘pending’ state from the original account - in order to do this, I had to add the ‘1’ before @gmail, which ensures the email you want to use is no longer linked to a profile (back-end stuff, you don’t need to worry about this); after which I was able to assign it to the new account and you should have received an email with instructions on how to set up your new self serve account in a separate email.

If you still have questions or something doesn’t make sense, you can speak with one of our reps who can further assist you over the phone. Just go to koodo.com/chat and type in #HelpSS to book a callback. 

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is the account under your name, Brittany? If so, can you confirm the last 2 digits of your phone number, so I can try to pull up your account?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you ever been able to sign in before? If not then you likely have not been hacked. There was likely a typo in the initial email address entered when you signed up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Brittany Cook - looks like I found it. Phone number ending in 25, right?

Looks like you just joined us (with this account) last month, and tried to create a profile without following the link/steps in the email that we send upon activation. This caused your email to get assigned to a temporary profile which wasn’t attached to your account. 

I’ve gone in and reset it for you now. You’ll receive an email saying your email address has been updated - you can ignore this, as it was just to release your email from the temporary profile. A second email includes the instructions on how to complete your profile. Please follow the link and steps in that email to get set up. Let us know if that doesn’t work.

Brittany Cook, last 4 digits of my phone number are5829. I have been with koodoo for years. Yes I have logged in before. I purchased a new phone online through you about a month ago. Same phone number. My email is wlcm2jmrck@gmail.com NOT wlcm2jmrck1@gmail.com.  

Yes the account is in my name and not linked with any other accounts. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Brittany Cook - Thanks for clarifying.
So here’s what has happened:

1. Your original line (ending in 5829, as you confirmed) was activated back in 2016. That line is still active, but you never set up a self serve account for it. The email address that you shared above was linked to that account, but because you never completed the set-up for self serve, the status has remained pending
  2. The new phone that you got last month (ending in 0525), was activated on it’s own account (the two phone lines are not linked, so will generate two separate bills and charges). What I tried to explain above was that I released your email address from the ‘pending’ state from the original account - in order to do this, I had to add the ‘1’ before @gmail, which ensures the email you want to use is no longer linked to a profile (back-end stuff, you don’t need to worry about this); after which I was able to assign it to the new account and you should have received an email with instructions on how to set up your new self serve account in a separate email.

If you still have questions or something doesn’t make sense, you can speak with one of our reps who can further assist you over the phone. Just go to koodo.com/chat and type in #HelpSS to book a callback. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes the account is in my name and not linked with any other accounts. 

he  mentioned above that the 1st email can be ignored.. I would suggest you check the second email to register.

Hi there, so I figured out useful information. To clarify I have been with koodoo for several years. I tried to activate my new phone about a month ago. I used my old SIM card and am still using my old SIM card in my new phone. I did not want to use my new SIM card as I am unsure how to cancel my old phone. I did not want to be charged for using two phones. I cannot get threw to anyone on the phone. How do I ensure that when I use my new SIM card in my new phone that my old account/sim will be deactivated and that I will continue paying my regular bill? I usually go to the store and have an employee help me with setting up a new phone and deactivating old one. Someone please help 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It sounds like you bought a new phone by signing up for a new account when you only wanted to upgrade based on your current old phone number right? 

Do you want to the phone on tab or can you pay off the tab? 

You will need to contact Koodo to explain your situation and you need to do it Soon so you can cancel your new line with out penalty. 

You can contact koodo via private message on facebook or Twitter. Or you can request a callback by going to koodo assist. Just type #HelpSS to schedule a callback. 

koodo.com/chat 

Thank you. My old phone was paid off. I thought I was doing an upgrade. Yes I went online and ordered a new phone.  They did ask if I wanted to keep the same phone number and I replied yes. Thank you will do! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you. My old phone was paid off. I thought I was doing an upgrade. Yes I went online and ordered a new phone.  They did ask if I wanted to keep the same phone number and I replied yes. Thank you will do! 

When you added the phone there should have been a pop up asking if you were a new customer or an exisiting customer. 

You selected new customer so now things are a bit messed up and you really need to fix it soon before it causes you issues with 2 phone bills

Yes I did say existing customer, which is when they asked if I wanted to keep my old phone number. They emailed me to my address and everything. But this is why I don’t know what’s happening. The guy above keeps saying I have a new phone number. When I realized the sim might be the reason I can’t log into my account he stopped replying. I’ve tried contacting Koodo over the phone and threw Facebook messanger. I’ve only had some luck here but the issue still has not been fixed.  I realized when something was wrong when I tried to log into self serve. Which I have used before which is how I got the new phone, and they said I have to contact the owner of the account to pay my bill. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes I did say existing customer, which is when they asked if I wanted to keep my old phone number. They emailed me to my address and everything. But this is why I don’t know what’s happening. The guy above keeps saying I have a new phone number. When I realized the sim might be the reason I can’t log into my account he stopped replying. I’ve tried contacting Koodo over the phone and threw Facebook messanger. I’ve only had some luck here but the issue still has not been fixed.  I realized when something was wrong when I tried to log into self serve. Which I have used before which is how I got the new phone, and they said I have to contact the owner of the account to pay my bill. 

Facebook isn’t a live chat. You might have to wait (or send them another message again). If you need to pay you can dial 611, check your account balance and pay (with a credit card) via options there.

I have already paid what I’m assuming was my old phone bill. I’ve been in contact with someone who keeps trying to log me in with self serve. Not working. It’s been 2 hrs now. Still no one over the phone. Hopefully can figure this out. My email and name and number does not match my account. 

So you still didn’t fix your problem?