Koodo Community
Question

Moving and need to change Area code

I have moved from BC to Alberta and want to change my area code from 604 to 403. Can i do this online for free?

77 replies

Hi you will need to call customer service or head to a kiosk if you want to do a out of province number change. Also keep inmind that you cannot just change the area code. You will be given a different number. Possibly something really similar, but rarely you will get the same one. Good luck!
Userlevel 2
You can't do the phone number change on SS, but calling in to have it changed will be for free.
Sir I am moving from Winnpeg MB to Edmonton AB . Can i change my area code online from 204 to 780
Userlevel 1
Sir I am moving from Winnpeg MB to Edmonton AB . Can i change my area code online from 204 to 780Hey Major, as mentioned above, you need to call Customer Service for that. You can't swap area codes and keep the rest of your number. You will get a new number, hopefully similar to your old number, but probably not the same.
Sir I am moving from Winnpeg MB to Edmonton AB . Can i change my area code online from 204 to 780ok i'll contact to customer care but tell me one thing that how can i access my koodo self serve because when i enter login id and password it shows We’re fixing a few things.You won’t be able to access our online services and our Reps won’t be able to access your account. But don’t worry, you can always ask our Koodo Community or check out Help if you need answers to general questions. You can also find the nearest Koodo Shop or retail partner. please tell me about it and i really need help for access my online account because i want to pay my mobile bill online . i am looking forward for your kind reply
Userlevel 1
Sir I am moving from Winnpeg MB to Edmonton AB . Can i change my area code online from 204 to 780Self Serve is currently down, as they are upgrading the system. It will be back up later tonight, it seems. Give Customer Care a call, you should hopefully be able to do both things over the phone.
Sir I am moving from Winnpeg MB to Edmonton AB . Can i change my area code online from 204 to 780Wait until the systems are available tomorrow. Koodo is doing system upgrades today and so all of their systems are not available for use, this includes Self Serve.
Sir I am moving from Winnpeg MB to Edmonton AB . Can i change my area code online from 204 to 780ok thanks for reply
Sir I am moving from Winnpeg MB to Edmonton AB . Can i change my area code online from 204 to 780You cannot make provincial phone number changes on self-serve, just phone number changes for free.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sir I am moving from Winnpeg MB to Edmonton AB . Can i change my area code online from 204 to 780lol... best spambot yet
Userlevel 6
Sir I am moving from Winnpeg MB to Edmonton AB . Can i change my area code online from 204 to 780It's an Indian Yahoo address... maybe some exhausted telecom call centre worker is playing the human smap bot efficiently? 😛
Sir I am moving from Winnpeg MB to Edmonton AB . Can i change my area code online from 204 to 780other country if i don't know the area code like this number 84824847850
please reply
Userlevel 2
please reply Hey Singh; As Mo already mentioned, you will need to contact Customer Care (*611 Option 4) to do a provincial phone number change. You will have to ask if you can change just the area code. Keep in mind that the last 4 digits of your current phone number may not be available 🙂.
You cannot make provincial phone number changes on self-serve, just phone number changes for free.
Call Koodo and get them to change your number/area code
customer service will be happy to help
Hey, I just wanted to point out something... Earlier Jaki said to head to a koodo kiosk to change from out of province. I just wanted to let you guys know that Koodo kiosks CANNOT change phone numbers from out of province. We can only change numbers from within the same province. For example: If you move from Calgary to Edmonton, a kiosk can change you over to an Edmonton number. If you move from Vancouver to Calgary, however, please call customer service, as we cannot change your number for you. I know this question is marked as already answered, but I just wanted to clarify real quick for you guys, so you don't waste your time and gas driving to a Koodo store just to be told we can't do it. Thanks! 🙂
Hey, I just wanted to point out something... Earlier Jaki said to head to a koodo kiosk to change...I moved from Quebec city to Vancouver last year. They changed my number at a kiosk, here in Vancouver. Is there a reason why they're not supposed to? Because the employe never questionned it. I experienced amazing customer service.
Hey, I just wanted to point out something... Earlier Jaki said to head to a koodo kiosk to change...Hi Roxanne - It might be a system limiation of a specific Kiosk/Retailer.
Hey, I just wanted to point out something... Earlier Jaki said to head to a koodo kiosk to change...Kiosks and Authorized dealers can change out of province numbers by calling in to their Channel Care IVR's. So, essentially you're doing what everyone else does when they call in from home, just having someone else do it for you.
Userlevel 5
Hey, I just wanted to point out something... Earlier Jaki said to head to a koodo kiosk to change...While true, please keep an eye on what you're responding to. The last comment on this message was from 8 months ago.
Userlevel 1
Hey, I just wanted to point out something... Earlier Jaki said to head to a koodo kiosk to change...^^this
Hey, I just wanted to point out something... Earlier Jaki said to head to a koodo kiosk to change...@Jorden - I appreciated Arianne's answer, as I tried to go to a kiosk to change my number. Who cares if it was 8 months ago? Some of us are reading the answers now.
Userlevel 4
Hey, I just wanted to point out something... Earlier Jaki said to head to a koodo kiosk to change...Reading is one thing, commenting is another. It's an old thread. Let it be archived.