Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Mobile phone update on selfserve

Userlevel 2
I have switch phones, took my SIM from one phone and use in another. It is more than 24 hours now but my phone information is not being updated on selfserve. Any suggestions as I didn't find any resonable answer from phone support. As I know it should get updated in 15 minutes. What should I ask phone support to do manually to fix this?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your phone should work instantly when you switch the SIM Card from one phone to another. If you mean it saying in self serve what phone tour using it won't switch, mines said my very first phone since I signed up and been through 6 phones or so since.
Userlevel 2
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Your phone should work instantly when you switch the SIM Card from one phone to another. If you m...

Yes the phone works. Does that matter what phone shows on selfserve?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Your phone should work instantly when you switch the SIM Card from one phone to another. If you m...

No doesn't matter if it shows or not. The phone you just got is it a factory unlocked model?
Userlevel 1
Does it say somewhere that it takes 15 minutes? I didn't think it was that instantanious. Then again 24hrs seems too long. So selfserve still shows you old phone? It doesn't really effect anything though, right?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
RoryC wrote:

Does it say somewhere that it takes 15 minutes? I didn't think it was that instantanious. Then ag...

Self serve will always show your old phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
RoryC wrote:

Does it say somewhere that it takes 15 minutes? I didn't think it was that instantanious. Then ag...

Self serve should update based on the imei of the new phone. Won't affect anything though, assuming the phone is working. Just be sure to let customer service or tech support know what phone you're using if you have to call in, as there's a tendency to assume the system display is up to date.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
RoryC wrote:

Then why hasn't mine ever?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
RoryC wrote:

I don't know, sometimes they just don't. I know mine updated automatically after I upgraded from the galaxy ace to the s2x.
Userlevel 2
RoryC wrote:

My previous phone get updated automatically but this doesn't, which is why I am look for how to get this updated.
Userlevel 3
RoryC wrote:

Mine just shows unknown for the device.
It needs to be factory unlocked in order for your SIM card to work in it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Evan Smith wrote:

It needs to be factory unlocked in order for your SIM card to work in it.

Not the answer to the question Evan