Koodo Community

Merging two different accounts

• 2 May 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello,

1. I’ve been reading Q&As about merging two accounts of the same account holder into one, and I was wondering if it is possible to merge two different accounts (i.e. email/phone numbers) owned by two different individuals can be merged into a one bill? That is, while both remain as account administrators, but the bill comes out from one of the two?
  1. If above is possible, would it cost $50 = $25 for transfer of account holder + $25 account consolidation? 
  1. Also, if I purchase BYOD plan online using a one particular credit card, upon activation would Koodo ask for another banking info; thus, I will be able to change to a different credit card if wanted? or would they charge me on the same credit card that I used to purchase SIM for the account? 

Thank you.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
  1. You can have multiple lines (multiple numbers) under one account (1 email). If you want to merge 2 accounts into one, you need to complete an ownership transfer. The cost is $10. The other person will lose the account ownership. You could setup that person as the new account admin later.
  2. $10 for 1 transfer.
  3. The credit card is there for credit check https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/credit-check-requirements. You could use different cards for payments later.

Similar topic but very different scenario here. 

I have had my phone number for over a decade and want to maintain voice/text active for maybe 1-2 months for a few different reasons as I switch to a new regional number. 

Being on a tab and non market plan am I able to port out my current number to a Koodo prepaid account with out cancellation fees? I assume I'd have to port my current number before I gamble on a new number. Is there a database to see if available numbers were never used before?

Edit: Would it better if I sign up with any prepaid cheap voice/text provider for the new number and then port it to my Koodo account to replace my current one? Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have had my phone number for over a decade and want to maintain voice/text active for maybe 1-2 months for a few different reasons as I switch to a new regional number. 

Being on a tab and non market plan am I able to port out my current number to a Koodo prepaid account with out cancellation fees? I assume I'd have to port my current number before I gamble on a new number. Is there a database to see if available numbers were never used before?

Edit: Would it better if I sign up with any prepaid cheap voice/text provider for the new number and then port it to my Koodo account to replace my current one? Thanks! 

Hi laserguy

"Being on a tab and non market plan am I able to port out my current number to a Koodo prepaid account with out cancellation fees?"

- There is no cancellation fee. You just need to pay off remaining Tab and phone credit ( if you have one)

"assume I'd have to port my current number before I gamble on a new number".

- I'm not sure what you mean.  But if you open a different account , they will give you a number. Then you can port your current number into new account later. But your account have to be active to transfer/port out. So you will have 2 accounts untill port out is done.

Can you start your own post if I didn't answer your question or if I misunderstood your question? 

Your question here is different scenario. And  If OP came back with his/her questions, then all different suggestions are going to fill this post.

We can concentrate your question if you have your own post😉

Hi laserguy

"Being on a tab and non market plan am I able to port out my current number to a Koodo prepaid account with out cancellation fees?"

- There is no cancellation fee. You just need to pay off remaining Tab and phone credit ( if you have one)

"assume I'd have to port my current number before I gamble on a new number".

- I'm not sure what you mean.  But if you open a different account , they will give you a number. Then you can port your current number into new account later. But your account have to be active to transfer/port out. So you will have 2 accounts untill port out is done.

Can you start your own post if I didn't answer your question or if I misunderstood your question? 

Your question here is different scenario. And  If OP came back with his/her questions, then all different suggestions are going to fill this post.

We can concentrate your question if you have your own post😉

Good idea, I will elaborate more in a new thread. Sorry OP